Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

Has anyone else noticed a volume drop when using the new IRs?
If I (say) have one or two cabs in slots a and b, and add the new ones in slots c and d, the volume drops a little. Muting the 3rd and 4th cab brings the volume back up. Will this be a “thing” with the new irs?
Sounds wonderful by the way!
Thanks
Pauly

Mark I owner here. I installed the stable firmware, the latest AxeEdit, and copied the two FullRes IR's in one folder, but from the preset manager, when I select the folder, AxeEdit cannot see them. Any comments?
MKI does not support the Full area IR.
You have to load them via Scratchpad.

Have you tried downloading the FW from the link in the first post? I used to have problems using Fractal Bot to download and install FW. Not a single issue since downloading the file using the link and selecting it in Fractal Bot.

Much thx for the reminder of this.

Will have to try this. I have never had an issue with this type of thing, even with my past Mark 1 version. No worries...I will figure it out and I know that the support at Fractal is the best so all good!

Just loaded up FW17 on my Mk1
On the FC the row of presets now flashes until one is selected. Is there a way to stop that happening?

personnaly my fc12 works like before . only this 1 or 2 seconds in axe edit has changed . the sound himself change "quick" like before , just the block like drive on or off etc makes some time to refresh between 2 presets . it was not the case before .

Last edited:
I still hope a few FullRes IRs can sneak into the factory banks for mk1 users at some point. I know most people probably use all of the thousands of factory IRs in their presets, but I mostly just use the legacy bank because there are less to sift through and there are already tons to pick from.

Plan B will be to hook up a laptop on USB and use a convolution reverb app when I want to play through that kind of environment. The extra latency shouldn't be a big deal for reverby type applications.

I played with the new FW update and compared with the problems that other people are posting. I could not find the same issues with mine. It seems most of the issues are with the MKI and not the MKII. I bought mine fairly recently and never had much trouble. If I knew the Turbo was coming out I would have waited. Oh well, I am still loving my Axe FX III.

I played with the new FW update and compared with the problems that other people are posting. I could not find the same issues with mine. It seems most of the issues are with the MKI and not the MKII. I bought mine fairly recently and never had much trouble. If I knew the Turbo was coming out I would have waited. Oh well, I am still loving my Axe FX III.
Therefore, you should carefully consider whether to buy anything new from Fractal at all. After all, it may not work with the new software in a moment.
Now we have FX III Mark I, Mark II, Mark II Turbo, and maybe in a week's time there will be Mark II Turbo Extra?
It was similar with FM3. First without a headphone output, then a version with a headphone output.
I wonder what awaits those who have just bought FM9?
IMHO does not build trust in this manufacturer.

Therefore, you should carefully consider whether to buy anything new from Fractal at all. After all, it may not work with the new software in a moment.
Now we have FX III Mark I, Mark II, Mark II Turbo, and maybe in a week's time there will be Mark II Turbo Extra?
It was similar with FM3. First without a headphone output, then a version with a headphone output.

But, do you enjoy playing your guitar with what you have now?

But, do you enjoy playing your guitar with what you have now?
Of course. But when I bought the Ax FXIII Mark I with 1.10 firmware, I was not at all satisfied. Now (firmware 16) this equipment sounds professional. And I appreciate it very much. It is a pity that, as you can see, it will not get better. And this is only 2 years after the purchase.
The problem is, is it worth buying something from Fractal in the future?

Of course. But when I bought the Ax FXIII Mark I with 1.10 firmware, I was not at all satisfied. Now (firmware 16) this equipment sounds professional. And I appreciate it very much. It is a pity that, as you can see, it will not get better. And this is only 2 years after the purchase.
Of course it will get better. All the updates in 17.00 except for the User FR bank are available to all versions. You're being silly.

Check how long axe fx 2 was supported. Check how few updates other modellers get.
Check how many updates 3 has gotten in past 3 years , we're on 17th firmware.

Yes fullres ir's only work on scratch pad for mk1. but they're really not something a big deal to not be able to save them and i still think some day it will be done. BOTH mk1 mk2 have all the updates as well regarding the additions.

The slow usb issues mk1/mk2 has rn with 17.0 will be fixed sooner than we anticipate.

You already have an mk2 , how does the 1.25 ghz processor bother you so much that you lose faith in company its like just a minor speed increase giving very marginal gains in cpu usage , which is not even going to benefit most people. these are competitive times it seems fractal wants to dish out minor updates to be top of the game,

I agree with you on that about being notified before hand of an upcoming release in near future so people can save some bucks and get the newest

Who is sayign it will not get better? both mk1,2 will get 18,19,20,21 and alot more firmwares . Infact axe 2 received its last update well after axe 3 launched.

These guys at fractal work day in day out to support their products and to say im impressed by the support axe 3 has gotten after its release will be an understatement.

agree with you,but remember Fractal is a business company and they want to make cash.

Back
Top Bottom