Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

If you read the release notes you'll see that there are some benefits to upgrading the MkI as well.
Another Amp has been added (or brought back) as well as a couple of drives, some Looper changes etc.

Until Cliff feels it necessary to split the firmware updates between the two Axes, downloading the same one is fine. The MkI just won't have access to some things the MkII has and the new Turbo will probably have some things the MkII won't have. Until notified, we all download the same firmware update.

As far as the USB driver goes...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Yeah the Turbo thing is easy to grasp.... while I run my mk1 at 75% a mk2 will run about 50%...
For the features not available in mk1(FullResIR player, two slots in cab block, user bank destination) do they appear as “greyed out” options or just don’t show at all?
Thanks

For the features not available in mk1(FullResIR player, two slots in cab block, user bank destination) do they appear as “greyed out” options or just don’t show at all?
Thanks

They don't show at all at each startup since they cannot be saved in memory.
They have to be loaded in scratchpad each time (session) you want to use them.

Can't update my Mk II. It keeps hanging at 47.8%. Strange. Have to contact support for this.

Can't update my Mk II. It keeps hanging at 47.8%. Strange. Have to contact support for this.
Have you tried downloading the FW from the link in the first post? I used to have problems using Fractal Bot to download and install FW. Not a single issue since downloading the file using the link and selecting it in Fractal Bot.

That stings quite a bit that our Mark I chips won't support a quality change like this. The II doesn't have that many upgraded facets to warrant buying it if you already have a I. Maybe in time they can optimize the code to be less memory and chip intensive and our unit$ will be able to benefit from these upgrades. Ooof.. disappointing in some regards..**

Agreed. Early adopters are at bit of a disadvantage here.

But...it may have been early on that FAS realized they had another technology in store. Thus the Mark II.

I'm not sure at all that any of the Mark I "need" the new stuff. This board tends to skew towards the shiny new thing, but we still have a rocket ship at our disposal.

I still hold a bit of hope that FAS can go in the Mark I direction. (And even the new FM if possible.)

Ok so I did kind of a dumb thing. I've got a cold and my sinuses and ears are all plugged up and I went and installed a new firmware anyway. EVERYTHING sounds weird to me right now even the TV so, could anyone tell me did anything change about the way either the 5153 models or the Recto Orange Normal model sounds? I'm assuming it's just me. I really should have waited but didn't even think about it. :grin:

Note to self: Don't do this again, dork.

Thanks for the updates Fractal team!

That stings quite a bit that our Mark I chips won't support a quality change like this. The II doesn't have that many upgraded facets to warrant buying it if you already have a I. Maybe in time they can optimize the code to be less memory and chip intensive and our unit$ will be able to benefit from these upgrades. Ooof.. disappointing in some regards..**
It's not the chip that is disallowing Mk1 from storing FullRes IRs, it is the amount of storage space in Non-Volatile Memory.

Last edited:
I agree, I'm not into populating the world with these boxes. I will wait for the IV and UltraFulRes :)

Did anyone get an answer to the question "Is there a retrofit available?" for new Axe III mk II owners? I have had mine for about two months. I will gladly pay freight and the cost of the upgrade. Should I send mine in? :p
I just got my MK2 two days ago - would be nice if I could get retrofit as well

Man, now that Axe Edit is updated, dragging and dropping FullRes IRs into the scratchpad slots on the MK1 is SO much faster and easier. I've been farting around with my random collection of convolution reverb IR wave files in the IR player block. Tons of fun.

how-to-cope-with-fomo-4174664_final-c773c20f1cf2420d8979281cfb0529a0.png

:)

Back
Top Bottom