Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

Would be nice if cliff could find a little free flash memory in th MK1…just enough to store a fullres that automatically could be transfered to scratchpad when powered on so we dont have to hook the axe to a computer after every power off. Would only give us one, but would work for me :)
I really wouldn't hold your breath for that. As some recent threads have shown, using room reverb yields largely similar results anyway.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fullres-ir-vs-reverb.177026/page-2#post-2154186

That's a lot of work if I have to repeat that everytime, when I want to use FullRes ... I'll guess I don't use FullRes then with my Mk 1 :D

The buttery with the new OD808 in front is so damn nice ... Thanks for bringing that amp back and adding the new toys!

here it is ! if you want to hear the difference between these 3 at home, play with the power of the wind , call the gods with your pick , DO HEAVY PALM MUTE ! I was using the T808 most sometimes, time to say goodbye to it ! finally less honk , and it sound more synthetic than the 2 others
thank you , nice one !

Love the comparison. Did you try changing the diodes to the new ones on the TS808 or did you use the old ones for this clip?

yeah it's all old and busted now. lol.
200.gif

here it is ! if you want to hear the difference between these 3 at home, play with the power of the wind , call the gods with your pick , DO HEAVY PALM MUTE ! I was using the T808 most sometimes, time to say goodbye to it ! finally less honk , and it sound more synthetic than the 2 others
thank you , nice one !

Dude what’s the base preset you’re using? Sounds killer!

So I went through a FF/ room mike phase. Am I understanding Fullres right? Add left and right, full pan, Full Res IR, db level to taste in addition to your main IR? If so what db level are you guys using? I recall using like -6 or so based on my ears.
I was able to import the Valhalla examples to the scratchpads. Seems to work well.

So I went through a FF/ room mike phase. Am I understanding Fullres right? Add left and right, full pan, Full Res IR, db level to taste in addition to your main IR? If so what db level are you guys using? I recall using like -6 or so based on my ears.
I was able to import the Valhalla examples to the scratchpads. Seems to work well.
I've got some pics and a clip up in a thread in the Recordings subforum, please drop by:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lets-post-aitr-clips.177033/

When I try to update I get an error message after a couple of seconds saying "can't receive"
The axe is already in the update screen on 0,1% and stays there. I rebooted and luckily it restarted fine.
Backup worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Would love answers/advice/guidance about: How come it's the same fw for mk1 and mk2? I know there's different functionality... so i'm confused... just install this on my Ax3 mk1 and certain features will be ignored and not be installed? Or will i have non functioning controls and/or tabs on the cab block/user banks/axedit?

Just some commentary: I'm used to the old way of fw updates! I think it would be great to have separate fw links for mk1 and mk2! Then Mk1 users get their own specific FW, written and verified and tested with "love"... instead of "you'll use only what applies to lesser units from now on"... Is the Mk1 to be declared to be EOL soon (due to lack of Turbo and NV memory)?

Back
Top Bottom