Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

I just ordered a mark 2 a few hours ago. I was able to get a hold of sales to hold the order and contact me later to add the additional cost and upgrade. As someone that bought a mark 1 right before the mark 2 came out I almost had flashback lmao.
just in time for you then this time around!

i ordered mine just a few months before mark 2. I'd rather wait for 4 more than anything else.

Did anyone get an answer to the question "Is there a retrofit available?" for new Axe III mk II owners? I have had mine for about two months. I will gladly pay freight and the cost of the upgrade. Should I send mine in? :p

here it is ! if you want to hear the difference between these 3 at home, play with the power of the wind , call the gods with your pick , DO HEAVY PALM MUTE ! I was using the T808 most sometimes, time to say goodbye to it ! finally less honk , and it sound more synthetic than the 2 others
thank you , nice one !

just in time for you then this time around!

i ordered mine just a few months before mark 2. I'd rather wait for 4 more than anything else.
I decided to move to the mark 2 after reading people raving about headphones and IEMs with the new fullres....I play headphone mostly. The fact you can have a little more CPU power is huge for us kitchen sink preset players.

I decided to move to the mark 2 after reading people raving about headphones and IEMs with the new fullres....I play headphone mostly. The fact you can have a little more CPU power is huge for us kitchen sink preset players.
yeah understandable for me i rarely ever use reverb, or more than 2 irs at once. so even with too many other blocks i dont cross 75% usage ever on the one even on my most complex presets.

i play on both headphones and monitors , but headphones only to track or tone crafting before recording.

I'm a bit confused ... how can I load a FullRes IR to the scratchpad?
I can't drag&drop them to the scratchpad directly.

The FAS Buttery is so awesome ...

I'm a bit confused ... how can I load a FullRes IR to the scratchpad?
I can't drag&drop them to the scratchpad directly.

The FAS Buttery is so awesome ...
1. Open FractalBot.

2. Select Utility as the device.

3. Select Axe-Fx III MIDI Out as the output port (might just be Axe-Fx III).

4. Set MIDI Buffer Delay to 10ms (optional but if you don't it's going to take a LONG time).

5. Choose one of the above files to send (drag-and-drop onto FractalBot after saving to your PC).

6. Go to the Cabinet 1 block on the Axe, not Axe Edit, and set the third IR slot bank to Scratchpad.

7. Set the third IR slot number to the desired IR number to import to.

8. Send the file to the Axe-Fx.

9. Repeat for the other file and choose a different IR number still using the third IR slot bank.

What is not in the directions is you need to send the second IR to the 3rd slot as well, just select a different scratchpad number. For me, the first one went to number 1 & the second to number 2.

After the files are loaded, I select scratchpad #1 in the 3rd cab slot & scratchpad #2 in the 4th cab slot.

Would be nice if cliff could find a little free flash memory in th MK1…just enough to store a fullres that automatically could be transfered to scratchpad when powered on so we dont have to hook the axe to a computer after every power off. Would only give us one, but would work for me :)

Back
Top Bottom