Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

Just select "scratchpad" on slots 3 and/or 4, then drag the .syx file from your folder directly into the "empty" slot and it'll load them. ;)
Thank you! I tried the same York Audio's Mesa OS mix on User 1 and Scratchpad slot, and there is definitely a difference. I hear broader and fuller low end. I don't think that I'll go back to UltraRes. It's bad that I have to load the IR everytime I start the unit.

If there will be no solution for Mark I, I'll consider an IR loader device with SPDIF that's supporting longer IR's, if there is any.

Compared the UltraRes/FullRes of the same close mic mix (York Audio Mesa OS 4x12):
I'll upload and use them to the Scratchpad everytime I start the machine, and will not complain about it!
Sound is a little fuller, it's like there is less fizz, and more importantly, I feel like I'm feeling more comfortable while playing.
Great feature! Thanks.

I’ve wasted times to read people complaining…
Well the i own MK1 and even i’m kinda disappointed to not be able to use the latest tech, that’s how it is…it’s basically normal cliff is working 24/7 to provide a REAL piece of gear that can used at home of in front of thousands…
So obviously new tech, needs need new gear…
I wouldn’t complain about that i’ll just wait and see how this fw17 is going and might sell my mk1 for a mk2turbo or wait more to get an Axe4 but obviously i’ll never complain to the guys who allow me to use hundreds of different setup in 1 unit just because i can’t use the latest of the latest update..
Please guys have some respect if axe wasn’t here you’d still use a pod or you’ll have to sell kidneys to own amps and cabs and pedals….

Therefore, you should carefully consider whether to buy anything new from Fractal at all. After all, it may not work with the new software in a moment.
Now we have FX III Mark I, Mark II, Mark II Turbo, and maybe in a week's time there will be Mark II Turbo Extra?
It was similar with FM3. First without a headphone output, then a version with a headphone output.
I wonder what awaits those who have just bought FM9?
IMHO does not build trust in this manufacturer.
Right.
So Fractal Audio should be polite and stop their R&D process until some not-fanboys are happy with their products ? How long is enough? 5 years ? 10 ?

I’m a fanboy (before you say it 😀)

Right.
So Fractal Audio should be polite and stop their R&D process until some not-fanboys are happy with their products ? How long is enough? 5 years ? 10 ?

I’m a fanboy (before you say it 😀)
I am also: D
And I tell everyone that Fractal has the best hardware!
Except it doesn't change my opinion.

I’ve wasted times to read people complaining…
Well the i own MK1 and even i’m kinda disappointed to not be able to use the latest tech, that’s how it is…it’s basically normal cliff is working 24/7 to provide a REAL piece of gear that can used at home of in front of thousands…
So obviously new tech, needs need new gear…
I wouldn’t complain about that i’ll just wait and see how this fw17 is going and might sell my mk1 for a mk2turbo or wait more to get an Axe4 but obviously i’ll never complain to the guys who allow me to use hundreds of different setup in 1 unit just because i can’t use the latest of the latest update..
Please guys have some respect if axe wasn’t here you’d still use a pod or you’ll have to sell kidneys to own amps and cabs and pedals….
I agree with most of what you wrote.
Nothing can stop development. It's just annoying at times. We should enjoy the great journey Cliff has made with our FXIII.

Thx Micheal!

I seem to have another potential bug within the IR Player block. I am loading a preset from Fremen that has the Acoustic Sim in the last seen. The IR Player points to User Slot 1 #9 to find an acoustic IR.

While the correct IR is loaded, the labeling within the IR Player indicates #10 (shifted by one...) - this is within Axe-Edit (latest version).

Thx!
J
After initial testing this appears to be isolated to the firmware. I reported the issue to Cliff.

It seems to me the fastest way to answer your questions is to call or email the support people. One call could cover it, or a short email conversation.
It's Ok. Now I'm at FW 16.05, banks 16.04, usb 1.10, Fc 1.12, edit 1.09.02, bot 3.00.08
Everything is working fine. Thanks for the suggestion, though! 👍

"im a mk1 user and a bit disappointed I cant use new features"

Please explain what you thought would happen. Did owners really think that was it, nothing else will be made? Serious question because I dont understand the comment (also a mk1 owner).

If someone has these IRs can you put them on AxeChange? The below links don't work.

Here are two FullRes IRs that you can import (thanks to ValhallIR for these):
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFL.syx
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFR.syx
They should still work. I was able to download them just now with my iPhone as a test. Are you clicking on them or doing a “save as”?

Right click and pick the option that makes the most sense in the drop down - typically a “save as” or something similar.

Edit: looks like you are on a pc? Maybe a pc user can chime in if my advice is wrong.
Thank you Dallas. Yes. I'm on a PC. I was able to use my iPhone and figure at "work around". Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom