Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

Splitting firmware into multiple current versions is a support nightmare, and an end-user issue as well. I doubt we’ll ever see that, and rarely see it in any other gear.
Programming in an option, as suggested, is not splitting software versions, it would be added code within the single version - obviously too much added code in the case of adding this particular option, since they've stated they won't do it.

Maybe it would be good to first create the function that an IR can be saved and reloaded with the preset. No matter what a user IR Type or Fullres, and the FX3 manages the required user memory itself. And stores this independently accordingly. The factory IRs are only linked in the preset, as now.
When creating a new preset, the desired IR or Fullres can be load via the CAB manager To FX3 Flash.
Once it is loaded in the FX3 Flash memory it can also be linked to other presets and stored.

And each user decides what and how much of which IR type he wants to have in the FX3. The possible total amount is determined by the model MK1 or MK2.

That would be my approach to solving this.

Thank you who has read this far.

Last edited:
Let times 🤔 maybe I take x dollars for it.... to get an MK2.:cool:
No no the idea is fee for all :)

Last edited:
Jasha said:

is this FW good for mk1 ?

ales.prochazka said:

So it looks, that all this new stuff will be available only for Axe FX III Mark II?
NOTE: FullRes processing is currently only supported on the Axe-Fx III Mark II. The original Axe-Fx III has less non-volatile memory and therefore does not have the necessary resources to store the IRs.

so , is there any reason i should install the new fw to my fxlll mk l ????????????????

so , is there any reason i should install the new fw to my fxlll mk l ????????????????
From the release notes:

Improved Pitch Detection performance.

The UI has been improved to support double-tap of certain keys as follows:
• Double-tapping EDIT edits the previous block.
• Double-tapping HOME enters the layout grid.
• Double-tapping STORE prompts immediately.
• When on the Home page double-tapping the Quick Entry knobs does the following:
o A: Enters the Amp 1 menu.
o B: Enters the Drive 1 menu.
o C: Enters the Cab 1 menu.
o D: Enters the Delay 1 menu.
o E: Enters the Reverb 1 menu.

Various fixes and improvements.

Apologies if that's already been suggested, I'm short on time and can't read the whole thread. Re: Mark I machines, isn't the obvious solution to offer firmware versions (or some sort of preference somewhere in the settings?) to let the user decide if they want to sacrifice the user 2 IR for the full res IRs?
if possible to do, I'd think that this would be a real elegant solution.

It would be helpful if the notes clearly listed what the MK1 or MK2 is about and not in a -mix.

Because many do not seem to be clear that the FW brings positives also for MK1 users.
For example, what about the change for the IR player, only in MK2 or also in MK1?

Note to all and to myself:

Do not forget that this is a Public Beta, not a final release

-> Do not upgrade if you do not like surprises, experiments and troubleshooting
-> Backup everything before you proceed to upgrade.
-> Keep in mind that Axe-Edit is still not ready for the beta edition

Note to all and to myself:

Do not forget that this is a Public Beta, not a final release

-> Do not upgrade if you do not like surprises, experiments and troubleshooting
-> Backup everything before you proceed to upgrade.
-> Keep in mind that Axe-Edit is still not ready for the beta edition

wasn't actually an answer to my question though.
any improovements for fx lll (not MKll) ??????????

If I get the impression that my statement is not properly understood! Then I look for the error with me and not with those this have not understood.

Maybe it would be good to first create the function that an IR can be saved and reloaded with the preset. No matter what a user IR Type and the FX3 manages the required user memory itself. And stores this independently accordingly. The factory IRs are only linked in the preset, as now.
When creating a new preset, the desired IR can be reloaded via the CAB manager.
Once it is loaded in the FX3 memory it can also be linked to other presets and stored.

And each user decides what and how much of which IR type he wants to have in the FX3. The possible total amount is determined by the model MK1 or MK2.

That would be my approach to solving this.

Thank you who has read this far.
If I'm understanding you right, while I think the ability to export and import combined amp-cab pairs might be useful, I don't think it's a good solution for FullRes on mk 1, or maybe for anything except sharing presets with others, and it's not the best way for that either IMO.

You can use a single IR in multiple presets. If every preset comes with its own IR, that's much less efficient. That's especially true if they're huge.

For the sharing side, I'm much more in favor of presets referencing IRs by their actual content (probably a hash if it), rather than by position. That would let you reorder your IRs without breaking your presets, and would let you import anyone's presets as long as you had the right IRs somewhere, not necessarily in the same position as the person doing the export.

That idea has been discussed before, and I really believe it's a good way to go. I hope Fractal agrees, and just hasn't got there yet.

Certainly the IR mangment of today in FX3 needs to be reconsidered. Yes the disadvantage in my idea is that there can be currently duplicate user IR. But how is it currently when a user passes on his preset which is bound with a user IR. There is nothing to hear because the user IR is missing.
If it is a purchased IR, the user must also be able to decide whether the IR is stored in the preset or not. Currently we are using slots and not names for the assignment.

If I'm understanding you right, while I think the ability to export and import combined amp-cab pairs might be useful, I don't think it's a good solution for FullRes on mk 1, or maybe for anything except sharing presets with others, and it's not the best way for that either IMO.

You can use a single IR in multiple presets. If every preset comes with its own IR, that's much less efficient. That's especially true if they're huge.

For the sharing side, I'm much more in favor of presets referencing IRs by their actual content (probably a hash if it), rather than by position. That would let you reorder your IRs without breaking your presets, and would let you import anyone's presets as long as you had the right IRs somewhere, not necessarily in the same position as the person doing the export.

That idea has been discussed before, and I really believe it's a good way to go. I hope Fractal agrees, and just hasn't got there yet.
Yes, Also a good approach for IR assignment

Certainly the IR mangment of today in FX3 needs to be reconsidered. Yes the disadvantage in my idea is that there can be currently duplicate user IR. But how is it currently when a user passes on his preset which is bound with a user IR. There is nothing to hear because the user IR is missing.
If it is a purchased IR, the user must also be able to decide whether the IR is stored in the preset or not. Currently we are using slots and not names for the assignment.
Bundling the preset with the cab is most likely on the computer side, not the Axe FX side. I doubt storage of the presets or cabs is changed at all on the hardware. It's likely just going to be a feature of AxeEdit and FractalBot when exporting or importing presets. We'll find out for sure when they release that feature.

Back
Top Bottom