Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

I recorded this in the looper, the first play is with the pitch block enabled, the second with pitch block disabled. Recorded on a Strat neck pickup w/ volume at 7.

K - I can definitely hear it in your clip - I usually use virtual capo with distortion so I guess it is more evident clean. I narrowed the patch down to just Input > looper > pitch > output and tried various tracking options but same thing. It's particularly appearant straight through with no amp/cab block - hear below (no VC on 1st strum, VC on 2nd). Not sure it is a bug though as it may just be the nature of the beast with generated pitch shifted tones - it's one of those fx where even the best of the best does not sound that good to me raw.

K - I can definitely hear it in your clip - I usually use virtual capo with distortion so I guess it is more evident clean. I narrowed the patch down to just Input > looper > pitch > output and tried various tracking options but same thing. It's particularly appearant straight through with no amp/cab block - hear below (no VC on 1st strum, VC on 2nd). Not sure it is a bug though as it may just be the nature of the beast with generated pitch shifted tones - it's one of those fx where even the best of the best does not sound that good to me raw.

That does almost sound like a tremolo is on although its not , maybe a bug

That does almost sound like a tremolo is on although its not , maybe a bug
ya - that was thru my interface with some reverb - took that out and routed direct to daw via usb - same thing - maybe someone else can try with mkii and see if it's the same..

edit: and via headphones to axefx - same.

Last edited:
Apologies if that's already been suggested, I'm short on time and can't read the whole thread. Re: Mark I machines, isn't the obvious solution to offer firmware versions (or some sort of preference somewhere in the settings?) to let the user decide if they want to sacrifice the user 2 IR for the full res IRs?

I added the second IR Player block back in. I had finagle things a bit to make everything fit in L2 but this had a serendipitous side-effect of reducing CPU usage a little.
That's cool. This is a reason why I prefer to wait until the release versions are available. (But I do appreciate the guys who discover the issues.)

Apologies if that's already been suggested, I'm short on time and can't read the whole thread. Re: Mark I machines, isn't the obvious solution to offer firmware versions (or some sort of preference somewhere in the settings?) to let the user decide if they want to sacrifice the user 2 IR for the full res IRs?
Splitting firmware into multiple current versions is a support nightmare, and an end-user issue as well. I doubt we’ll ever see that, and rarely see it in any other gear.

Splitting firmware into multiple current versions is a support nightmare, and an end-user issue as well. I doubt we’ll ever see that, and rarely see it in any other gear
You might have to explain this “end-user issue” to me. Yes, it would require more support.

Back
Top Bottom