Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

I second this!! Mostly I am just an ass kisser, though. :)
Actually, I'm shaking my head about what the deep shame is about. People are passionate / competative about their likes, dislikes, needs, wants etc wrt Axefx - don't see a problem really - feeling no shame myself.

I feel like a freaking meth/crack/heroin/Oxy-head.... LoL
Oxy and Fractal, Dual Delays and Dual Reverbs.... Eyes glazed over watching the sunset and gliding through the ether....waiting for FW 17.01..... One open E note... over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Actually, I'm shaking my head about what the deep shame is about. People are passionate / competative about their likes, dislikes, needs, wants etc wrt Axefx - don't see a problem really - feeling no shame myself.

"Deep shame." What's that?? :)

Just a little self-deprecating humour here. No biggie.

That said, I do believe some people (probably myself included) could stand to
take themselves and "their wishes" (and maybe borderline sense of entitlement) a little less seriously.

No one owes us anything. :)

pitch mix at 100%?

edit: tried here - no flutter + tracks well but I did not notice any issues before update. Post a clip+preset in another thread and perhaps we can diagnose it.

I recorded this in the looper, the first play is with the pitch block enabled, the second with pitch block disabled. Recorded on a Strat neck pickup w/ volume at 7.

Attachments

• Super Reverb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
I tried to reinstall w16.05 via fractal bot (not as a backup to because I got too lazy to backup), but rather just pushing FW16 back to the unit.

Now my FC12 isn’t working right (see pic). No matter what I do, everything is blank. I know I’m supposed to backup before any update as a best practice (especially with Beta) but I skipped it and now I’m regretting. Is there any fix other than restore a prior backup?

Attachments

• 6ADFF916-9FFC-4B28-87FB-1639F601C4D7.jpeg
    6ADFF916-9FFC-4B28-87FB-1639F601C4D7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
I tried to reinstall w16.05 via fractal bot (not as a backup to because I got too lazy to backup), but rather just pushing FW16 back to the unit.

Now my FC12 isn’t working right (see pic). No matter what I do, everything is blank. I know I’m supposed to backup before any update as a best practice (especially with Beta) but I skipped it and now I’m regretting. Is there any fix other than restore a prior backup?

"because I got too lazy to backup"...

Your presets, prior to reloading an older firmware, had been "touched" by the more recent firmware. Then you rolled back the firmware, and expected it to, basically, understand the future.

An older firmware has no idea what a more recent firmware will do, so it won't try that.

Just before I upgrade/update the firmware I do a full backup, do the firmware upgrade, then immediately do another backup. That way I can roll back, reload my presets, and be good.

Your presets, prior to reloading an older firmware, had been "touched" by the more recent firmware. Then you rolled back the firmware, and expected it to, basically, understand the future.

An older firmware has no idea what a more recent firmware will do, so it won't try that.
I thought that could be an issue too. I then flashed the beta back and got the same result. I do have some backups but they are missing a few weeks of preset tweaking which is my boneheaded mistake….

can you just set those switches up again, or install the default layout if you used that?

FC Config is part of the global/system file, innit? Try restoring just that file from a prior backup....

FC Config is part of the global/system file, innit? Try restoring just that file from a prior backup....
But that's not the firmware. Do you think it's just missing FC settings, or is it that the firmware touched the presets, and now it's not recognizing their firmware version?

None of the presets are affected. It's just the system set up. Reload system from backup and you're good.

But that's not the firmware. Do you think it's just missing FC settings, or is it that the firmware touched the presets, and now it's not recognizing their firmware version?
Not sure, as I wasn't there for the initial sequence of events, but if it is just the FC settings, that may restore them. Worst case is he's no worse off than before....

Back
Top Bottom