Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

Still getting the flutter effect. I'm on a Super Verb model, pitch block first in line half step down, getting the warbling.
pitch mix at 100%?

edit: tried here - no flutter + tracks well but I did not notice any issues before update. Post a clip+preset in another thread and perhaps we can diagnose it.

Last edited:
Those were your ideas. I was poking around the FM3 Wish List and found that request. I didn't write the original front panel code so it took me a while to grep what was being done and modify it to support double-tapping keys. It shouldn't be too much effort to port to the FM3 and FM9.
Really found this to be helpful. On those days when one is feeling a bit zombified and you're tapping through the effects, and you click past the one you wanted, a double-tap fixes it. Not sure where the cardio comes in, but maybe that's coming in a subsequent update? ;) Thanks to you and @laxu!

Chris if the signal chain is stereo with two mono sources, in series, the two available channels are L R, where you can place/pan each mono source. If the block stayed stereo in series, you could pan each source to each side/channel, and they would never touch/mix, it's still series but each source on their own side of the tracks.

if the block was true stereo, and remained true stereo in series configuration, hard panning them to either side they would never touch, a slight pan of each would open up space on the sides where they wouldn't touch, but touch/mix in the middle. given the point of consolidating into one stereo block was for convolution purposes I would have thought stereo operation would remain a priority
Two stereo channels processed twice would require 4 IRs and the block only supports two. You cannot process a stereo signal with one mono IR. Even if you use the same IR in both channels, you are still processing it twice. Stereo in series would require twice the system resources for the block. Just like in the cab block, you can choose the same IR for all four slots. That doesn't mean it's only processed once. The input signal is split and processed 4 times with the same IR in that case.

As someone still happily using an Axe-Fx II reading this thread is hilarious. Someone mentioned loss of firmware support for Axe-Fx III Mk1 as being a reason to upgrade for them and it's funny because for guys like me who value stability and consistency that's my cue to buy a Mk1! XD

Nevertheless, it's cool to see the FAS team constantly pushing the world of digital guitar modeling forward.

So the poll as Cliff suggested, to check if a large number of customers are ok to sacrifice USer2 slots in MK1...
From what I've seen, seems like the overwhelming consensus is that Mark I users are more than willing to sacrifice the number of current IR banks for fewer full Res IR banks. Hoping that is the case. I certainly believe in quality over quantity and that seems to be the vibe I've gotten from the other Mark I users.

Axe-Edit has not been updated yet. I think this is just an Axe-Edit issue. Do things work properly from the front panel?

Good catch. It does work properly from the front panel, so it's just Axe-Edit.

Confirmed.

Maybe there's some confusion about this bug, it's definitely not entirely an Axe-Edit issue and/or it's really two separate but related issues.

I have a preset which uses many blocks, all of them are XXX1. I have per-preset FC assignments for these blocks, and SOME of them (the FC assignments) have been incremented to XXX2 after FW 17.0 - they just load that way on power up, no Axe-Edit connected at that point. The front panel and the FC match in this regard. Axe-Edit, on the other hand seems to be incrementing the block TYPE (the correct FC assignment of Phaser 1 on the FC shows as PEQ 4 on Axe-Edit).

Understood that Axe-Edit needs an update in this regard, but there is still an issue with FW 17 FC assignments even with Axe-Edit out of the picture.

THANKS Cliff and Staff!!! Love the Update! Love the Pitch Improvements (couldn't say I wasn't liking it before, loved it, and love it even more now)

Only one Issue, which I think has been mentioned before in this thread is the following:

FC-12: I use every option there is I believe, so the Layout where I can choose to turn on/off each individual effect only works on some of the effects, as opposed to all of them like before. Can't turn on/off my PHASER, ROTARY, PITCH, AND REVERB FROM THE FC-12. I can do this on Axe Edit however. Can't wait for final release so I can use this LIVE. THANX AGAIN!

Maybe there's some confusion about this bug, it's definitely not entirely an Axe-Edit issue and/or it's really two separate but related issues.

I have a preset which uses many blocks, all of them are XXX1. I have per-preset FC assignments for these blocks, and SOME of them (the FC assignments) have been incremented to XXX2 after FW 17.0 - they just load that way on power up, no Axe-Edit connected at that point. The front panel and the FC match in this regard. Axe-Edit, on the other hand seems to be incrementing the block TYPE (the correct FC assignment of Phaser 1 on the FC shows as PEQ 4 on Axe-Edit).

Understood that Axe-Edit needs an update in this regard, but there is still an issue with FW 17 FC assignments even with Axe-Edit out of the picture.

For the ones that increment to XXX2, are they alphabetically after IR Player? It looks like the missing IR Player 2 is the problem for Axe-Edit III 1.09.02. And it's interesting that it would affect already saved presets, even when not connected to Axe-Edit.

When I tested it, I just went to an empty preset and started editing the factory Per-Preset FC Layout, so unfortunately my quick test is not helpful for saved presets. Maybe if you post the preset FAS can take a look at it and test on their end.

Certainly did not expect them to be picked up let alone so quick! I think there's a lot of other stuff in the master wish list that would be fairly easy to do (in terms of programming effort) to improve how the Fractal UI can work. But obviously you know where you want to focus your efforts.

In any case thanks for implementing them and looking forward to taking them for a spin!

I can't wait to see how this changes your future posts regarding the UI/Fractal! :tearsofjoy:

Just bustin' balls, I haven't even loaded the new FW yet, but I have little doubt this is stuff that'll be beneficial to us all.

What are the names of the unaffected effect switches, vs. the ones affected? If all the ones alphabetically before "IRPlayer2" are fine and all the ones after are one off, it could be related to the removal of the second IR player to make one stereo/dual-mono serial one, per the earlier post by @chris....

Sounds like there is some kind of block indexing issue somewhere that's throwing off the assignments. I'd venture a guess that blocks after the missing IRP2 block in the index list are the ones affected.

I haven't loaded the beta yet. Has the IRP2 block been removed from the MK1 units as well?

Question: Is this Issue with the Functionality of the FC-12 with Firmware 17b5 something that will be corrected when the Final Release comes out, or does this mean we must change our settings on the Axe Edit Layouts Pages for each Effect so that this so-called displacement of the Effects is reflected and therefore display and function correctly in the FC-12 as is on Axe Edit?

I couldn't find an answer with a cursory search: are we able to create FullRes IRs from existing Fractal Cab Packs that provide .ir files? Or do we need the original .wav files?

Back
Top Bottom