Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta

This Ir thing will be the only thing they will have . This is said until the release of the mk2 , they are preparing this since the beginning .

for the rest , normally , in the future, we will have the same updates .

you know, the ones in the wish list section 😅

Last edited:
This Ir thing will be the only thing they will have . This is said until the release of the mk2 , they are preparing this since the beginning .

for the rest , normally , in the future, we will have the same updates .

you know, the ones in the wish list section 😅
Luckily MK2 is still the same cpu, so anything unrelated and not using additional NV memory and ram should be common to both units.

Luckily MK2 is still the same cpu, so anything unrelated and not using additional NV memory and ram should be common to both units.
Same sentiment. LOL at people selling MKIs over this. UltraRes IRs are already way longer than what I use on any other device I own. On my Two Notes Captor X, I cut my IRs to like 40ms so I could fit more on it. My MKI is completely full in terms of IRs, too. You can use an arbitrarily long IR when recording if it made any significant difference already.

II mark 1 user here laughing from the sidelines
hahaha kudos.
Same sentiment. LOL at people selling MKIs over this. UltraRes IRs are already way longer than what I use on any other device I own. On my Two Notes Captor X, I cut my IRs to like 40ms so I could fit more on it. My MKI is completely full in terms of IRs, too. You can use an arbitrarily long IR when recording if it made any significant difference already.

you've used all 2048 user ir's? interesting what have you filled those with?

Many thanks Cliff,

Question: On some pre sets I've used 2 IR Player blocks (Echoplex) as subtle pre-amp boosts before and after a drive block. all placed before the amp block.

Do I take that as these two blocks are now combined as one stereo pair that my pre sets will need to be changed?
Yes - my preset with two IR player blocks (for an acoustic guitar sim) only has one remaining - so you'll lose one of the blocks when the preset loads up.

Hey, I have 2 of them and have not publicly bitched about one single thing re: the FM3. :)
I have been involved in the technical development in many areas for over 40 years and am enthusiastic about every innovation. Technology does not stand still, and that's a good thing.

The differences between FM3 and FM9 are clear. From mk1 to mk2 .......

This update appears to have broken the footswitch assignments on my FC12. Some of the footswitchs seems to have incremented by 1. For example, if I set a footswitch to Reverb 2 in axe edit on the Per-Preset FC page, the FC Controller page thinks its on RingMod 1. Reverb 1 thinks its Reverb 2. Delay 2 thinks its Delay 3 etc. Delay 1 and anything before works as intended. Is this because of the addition of the new IR Block?
1631910898830.png1631910887857.png

I am having flashbacks of the AFXIII MKI release, and everyone getting up in arms because they had just purchased a AFXII.
That's the way it is folks. New shit comes out.

For me the full rez thing doesn't at the moment seem like something i would utilize enough to make the upgrade worth it. My opinion may change once I hear it in action, but for now it would take a loss of firmware support for the MK I to make me go through the process of upgrading.

This update appears to have broken the footswitch assignments on my FC12. Some of the footswitchs seems to have incremented by 1. For example, if I set a footswitch to Reverb 2 in axe edit on the Per-Preset FC page, the FC Controller page thinks its on RingMod 1. Reverb 1 thinks its Reverb 2. Delay 2 thinks its Delay 3 etc. Delay 1 and anything before works as intended. Is this because of the addition of the new IR Block?
View attachment 88731View attachment 88730

I just recreated that on my unit with an FC12.

Back
Top Bottom