Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 4

I am following these steps i can not load the FullRess IRs to sctrach pad on my MK1:

1) Choose "Utility" in Fractal Bot.
2) Choose Axe Fx III for Output Port
3) Set delay to 10ms
4) Brows the IR
5) Click begin

It looks like it's transfering but all 16 scratch pad slots are still empty, any idea what i am missing?
(Fractal Bot, Axe Edit and FW are all latest/latest beta)

Last edited:
I am following these steps i can not load the FullRess IRs to sctrach pad on my MK1:

3) Set delay to 10ms
4) Brows the IR
5) Click begin

It looks like it's transfering but all 16 scratch pad slots are still empty, any idea what i am missing?
You are leaving out some steps:
6. Go to the Cabinet 1 block and set the third IR slot bank to Scratchpad.
7. Set the third IR slot number to the desired IR number to import to.
8. Send the file to the Axe-Fx.
9. Repeat for the other file and choose a different IR number still using the third IR slot bank.

What is not in the directions is you need to send the second IR to the 3rd slot as well, just select a different scratchpad number. For me, the first one went to number 1 & the second to number 2.
After the files are loaded, I select scratchpad #1 in the 3rd cab slot & scratchpad #2 in the 4th cab slot.

3) Set delay to 10ms
4) Brows the IR
5) Click begin

I was having the same issue while following all the steps. Set the delay to 20ms and it worked for me.

You are leaving out some steps:
6. Go to the Cabinet 1 block and set the third IR slot bank to Scratchpad.
7. Set the third IR slot number to the desired IR number to import to.
8. Send the file to the Axe-Fx.
9. Repeat for the other file and choose a different IR number still using the third IR slot bank.

What is not in the directions is you need to send the second IR to the 3rd slot as well, just select a different scratchpad number. For me, the first one went to number 1 & the second to number 2.
After the files are loaded, I select scratchpad #1 in the 3rd cab slot & scratchpad #2 in the 4th cab slot.
Did those also, no difference.

don't get it, axe edit works, fractal bot works but when i follow those steps sctrachpads stay still empty for me, even it looks like fractal bot is sending the files and axe fx is recieving them.

Just curious if any eta has been given for axe edit? I know (soon!,) curios to try the new ir for,at but happy to wait for axe edit
… for now;-)

Firstly let me state that I understand why some people are interested in the AITR concept. I get it.

For me I don't think it will be that useful as I'll be using it to play live....all my presets are constructed a band volumes. I use an Ultra or Atomic AA12 at home for practice.

I just wonder if this new feature/fad/concept might turn out to be a wrong fork in the road for some of us and use up valuable memory space that could be reserved for another one of Cliff's epiphanies. Of course what's done can be undone but as many people have pointed out 2 divergent firmware paths would inefficient.

No doubt Cliff knows what he is doing and AITR is a response to wish list requests from many users, and an opportunity for him to experiment with a new concept. He may have had this in mind when he designed the MK2.

I'm incredibly pleased with my mark 2, (haven't used my valve gear since I bought my Ultra) and will try the new updates when full release is stable.

I can see that some of the new front panel functions may be useful to those who feel they need to edit at a gig or rehearsal. I think the performance mode was enough but the new implementation was clever.

Loved the Buttery amp in the Ultra....nice to see it back

Who knows? I may find a way to use the new IRs live and obviously they may be something I use in recording.

If used heavily, it could make it harder to make your guitar sound 'out front' when it needs to. Probably best to season lightly for live work.

I have been replacing the reverb block with a carefully tweaked reverb that is mostly early reflections in all my presets, as most of mine don't have enough CPU headroom to run the IRs.

I could see these IRs (or my tweaked reverb) really helping people who use in-ears, though. It really helps give a sense of being in a space, and sounds a lot less dry and tight....
Hey Joe, any chance you could share that tweaked reverb’s settings? I’ve got some massive kitchen sink presets that will never be able to run the FRIRs, but would love to hear about what you’re using to give a whirl… much appreciated 🤙🏼🙏🏼

This may have been discussed in one of these 17.00 beta threads, but I figured one of you might have a quick answer to a couple of questions.

1. When blending a close-mic IR with FullRes Rooms, do you use a Raw or MPT IR for the close mic?

2. Can Mk I users hear the whole FullRes files if they’re assigning them to the Scratchpad, or will ONLY Mk II users be able to hear the full length of the IRs?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this. I’m trying some stuff today and wanted some insight before updating to 17.00.

I hadn't realised but I've just uploaded into the scratchpad on my MK1 and they certainly sound like they are FullRes.... I just followed the instructions in the first post selecting scratchpad 1 and 2.

No idea on 1.... I'm blending with your VH20 sm57/r121 and it all sounds great.

Do we know in which CAB collection is the Valhallir V2-Viper-k-SE8?

I would like to load the normal IR, to make a comparison with and without the room

Back
Top Bottom