Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 4

there are no new ods, it's the same ods as was in there already, just with different name. it's the same as the other ones and you can't tell them apart 😅
The new models use different op-amps and/or diodes. They are not the same. Iaresee already proved this with his null test. They may (and should) sound very similar but they are not the same.

There have been multiple suggestions for using USB to solve various issues on the hardware over time and Fractal has never seemed to want to go there. I think to keep the hardware as a standalone piece of gear, but that's only my opinion.

However, a USB stick or other peripheral is NOT even possible because that requires a USB A port on the Axe Fx and requires the Axe Fx to be a USB host, neither of which is true.
Theoretically, it could be done via connection through the USB-A to a laptop which has the additional user banks.. in my case, I always bring the laptop and connect it to the Mk 1 with it on top of the rack.. that way I can tweak more easily as I go..

I'm really excited to try these FR IR's but I'm waiting until the Axe-Edit support update. But I have a question:

Most posts I see about these IRs are talking about how much better this is making their presets sound on headphones. I know with preset building, there is no exact science and if it sounds good, it sounds good, but is there a huge benefit to using these "amp in a room" FR IR for going direct to FOH? Could it add mud to the mix? What about studio recording? To me, the few examples I've found sound like really really good studio reverb. Maybe it just replaces the studio reverb in my presets?

I'm really excited to try these FR IR's but I'm waiting until the Axe-Edit support update. But I have a question:

Most posts I see about these IRs are talking about how much better this is making their presets sound on headphones. I know with preset building, there is no exact science and if it sounds good, it sounds good, but is there a huge benefit to using these "amp in a room" FR IR for going direct to FOH? Could it add mud to the mix? What about studio recording? To me, the few examples I've found sound like really really good studio reverb. Maybe it just replaces the studio reverb in my presets?
If used heavily, it could make it harder to make your guitar sound 'out front' when it needs to. Probably best to season lightly for live work.

I have been replacing the reverb block with a carefully tweaked reverb that is mostly early reflections in all my presets, as most of mine don't have enough CPU headroom to run the IRs.

I could see these IRs (or my tweaked reverb) really helping people who use in-ears, though. It really helps give a sense of being in a space, and sounds a lot less dry and tight....

If used heavily, it could make it harder to make your guitar sound 'out front' when it needs to. Probably best to season lightly for live work.

I have been replacing the reverb block with a carefully tweaked reverb that is mostly early reflections in all my presets, as most of mine don't have enough CPU headroom to run the IRs.

I could see these IRs (or my tweaked reverb) really helping people who use in-ears, though. It really helps give a sense of being in a space, and sounds a lot less dry and tight....
Just thought of a nice bonus with using a tweaked reverb to simulate the AITR: you can split it off the end of your chain and feed it to Output 2, so it only appears in your monitor or in-ears, and FOH or the recording desk on Output 1 gets a nice close-mic'ed signal....

Just thought of a nice bonus with using a tweaked reverb to simulate the AITR: you can split it off the end of your chain and feed it to Output 2, so it only appears in your monitor or in-ears, and FOH or the recording desk on Output 1 gets a nice close-mic'ed signal....
I did think of that when you mentioned it, though that's not how my band's setup works. Can't really split the two without adding more headache to our setup, which I think isn't worth it. I already am really happy with how my presets sound in my IEM, so what sounds best at FOH is most important.

Might be a great option for others, though!

This may have been discussed in one of these 17.00 beta threads, but I figured one of you might have a quick answer to a couple of questions.

1. When blending a close-mic IR with FullRes Rooms, do you use a Raw or MPT IR for the close mic?

2. Can Mk I users hear the whole FullRes files if they’re assigning them to the Scratchpad, or will ONLY Mk II users be able to hear the full length of the IRs?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this. I’m trying some stuff today and wanted some insight before updating to 17.00.

I've been having some good results with dual path reverbs for this. I have a preset posted in the preset section, that I've tweaked even more for some excellent flavoring, that is a good starting point to build off of.

I've been having some good results with dual path reverbs for this. I have a preset posted in the preset section, that I've tweaked even more for some excellent flavoring, that is a good starting point to build off of.
Will have to check it out. Thanks!

MK1 user here. Trying to load does IRs in the scratchpad but no luck even though i follow the steps in the post. Any Mk1 user who had luck loading the IRs?

Mark I owner here.
Question for you guys... the two room IRs [left & right], do you pan them +-50% or +-100%?

Theoretically, it could be done via connection through the USB-A to a laptop which has the additional user banks.. in my case, I always bring the laptop and connect it to the Mk 1 with it on top of the rack.. that way I can tweak more easily as I go..
Then that's using your computer, not a memory stick...

Hey bud, let me know if you update on your MK1. I'd be interested in how its working, I want to try the new drive pedals
Hi. I’m waiting for a more stable release . First time I don’t jump in a beta. But troubles with fc12 etc … I don’t want it . If I m not wrong, axe edit is not updated yet , so I gently wait.

@mixermang was probably laughing/joking to me with his post.

ts are all the same but different or… Differently the same 🤣

FE40FBC8-FC8D-4E2A-B0C8-E6EF8B9EA00F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom