Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 3

I'm getting the delayed scratchy artifacts with FullRes cabs in the scratchpad slots of my MK1 that others were getting with the previous beta. Tried all the mentioned tricks like changing to an empty slot and back, muting and soloing, etc., but nothing so far gets rid of the artifacts. Sounds amazing otherwise. Can't wait to try more FullRes IRs.

BUG REPORT 2 (affects display)
There is a problem with the Perform-Glb page. It can't handle long texts normally, nor param name, nor value. Screenshot attached. It seems that need a shortener function that will handle long strings such as "Global USB Output Mapping". Relative to all the latest FW versions.
The bug may be that it lets you assign system parameters at all. I am under the impression that Performance Controllers are supposed to be limited to grid block parameters. I see how you did this in Axe-Edit though, by opening both SETUP and the PERFORMance controls editor.

@Michael Pickens and I will look at this.

If this feature is to remain, we'll look at truncating the display.

If this feature is to be removed, we'll remove the ability to use Setup params on Perf-Gbl and Perf-PP. This would be my preference for simplicity's sake.

I'm getting the delayed scratchy artifacts with FullRes cabs in the scratchpad slots of my MK1 that others were getting with the previous beta. Tried all the mentioned tricks like changing to an empty slot and back, muting and soloing, etc., but nothing so far gets rid of the artifacts. Sounds amazing otherwise. Can't wait to try more FullRes IRs.
CPU too high?

You can load them into slots 3 & 4 (which are the only ones that support FullRes) but you will loose them once the power is turned off. That's fine to check them out, do some recording, etc. You would have to reload them again the next time you used the Axe so I will be taking notes on how I have things set so I can reproduce presets I use them on.
And if you make a backup before turning it off? Maybe you can use that…

You can load them into slots 3 & 4 (which are the only ones that support FullRes) but you will loose them once the power is turned off. That's fine to check them out, do some recording, etc. You would have to reload them again the next time you used the Axe so I will be taking notes on how I have things set so I can reproduce presets I use them on.
Since I'll only use them for recording, this is a great result.
Thank you Cliff.

And if you make a backup before turning it off? Maybe you can use that…
I would think the settings will save but you will still have to reload the FullRes IRs. No big deal. I was thinking maybe taking a snapshot would work too. Also, for me, taking notes is more taking pictures of the Axe screen or screenshots of Axe Edit (when it gets updated) rather than actually writing down notes!

As an MK I user, I'm happy that we still get to utilize FullRes IRs, even if they can only be temporarily assigned to scratchpad slots. I'm also happy for all the MK II owners that get to enjoy a full IR bank of FullRes IRs. Now my only hope is that it won't take the IR producers too long to supply us with additional FullRes IRs. I know I'll buy some from VallhallIR just because they were kind enough to gift us these 2 "test" IRs!

Thanks for this firmware update, Cliff!
I’m not so worried about “full res” IRs. I play my AxeFX 3 in a live setting, just like my amps. I’ve never bought a speaker or a speaker cab with a room attached.

The bug may be that it lets you assign system parameters at all. I am under the impression that Performance Controllers are supposed to be limited to grid block parameters. I see how you did this in Axe-Edit though, by opening both SETUP and the PERFORMance controls editor.

If this feature is to be removed, we'll remove the ability to use Setup params on Perf-Gbl and Perf-PP. This would be my preference for simplicity's sake.
System parameters have been available for the Performance pages for a while now. I've had the global Input Gain and the Input 1 Source parameters on mine for quite a while.

I’m not so worried about “full res” IRs. I play my AxeFX 3 in a live setting, just like my amps. I’ve never bought a speaker or a speaker cab with a room attached.
Different strokes for different folks.

The FullRes IRs can come in handy for those of us who use headphones or want to record a tone that has an authentic room mic mixed in.

I'm sure you always listened to your bought speaker and speaker cab in a room setting. Imagine if you could only hear the close miced tone (i.e. only using regular IRs), you'd probably wish a little room mic was there just to give you some space.

But yeah, for live playing, you don't need FullRes as the regular IR tone is beaming through the room with the help of a speaker cab and a power amp, anyway...

Is MAXOFF 808 going to be available in the INPUT BOOST of the Preamp Section in theAMP BLOCK as well in Final Release?

I just switched all of my MESA presets from 808 OD to the MAXOFF 808 and it is Xmas! If so will it be: DRIVE 0 TONE 5 MIX 100 LEVEL 100 Default?

Last edited:

Please don't remove this feature. It is really handy to be able to quickly adjust output levels to +4db/-10db, enable/disable global eq and instrument gain depending on where are you now on stage, rehearsal, or at home.

It seems this is the case when "it's not a bug it's a feature". Please don't remove it.

Last edited:
Having only been here since July, I am finding that things move pretty darn fast at FAS. I'm guessing there are lulls sometimes, too?

This is not a complaint. It's XMas every day now that I have an FX3.2. I do play mostly with headphones in my apartment, so this is only like the greatest development ever in the history of developments and my mind is maximally blown.

🤓

Having only been here since July, I am finding that things move pretty darn fast at FAS. I'm guessing there are lulls sometimes, too?

This is not a complaint. It's XMas every day now that I have an FX3.2. I do play mostly with headphones in my apartment, so this is only like the greatest development ever in the history of developments and my mind is maximally blown.

🤓
This was a lull. ;)

I asked this in the last beta thread, but I don't think it got definitively answered before the thread got locked, so here goes again, abbreviated:

Wait, want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Which will not be an option?
#1: converting bank-B
#2: possibility for users to freely split the memory available

I can see how #2 could be messy messy, but how about #1? Is that feasible? That's clearly the majority wish, over not having them available.

Back
Top Bottom