Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news.
But…I really hope converting bank-B is still considered as an option with so many votes for this. Best solution would of course be a possibility for users to freely split the memory available according to their needs :)

This will not be an option. We tried it and it's just a nightmare to manage. If you must have FullRes in a User bank then buy a Mark II.
Wait, want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Which will not be an option?
#1: converting bank-B
#2: possibility for users to freely split the memory available

I can see how #2 could be messy messy, but how about #1? Is that feasible? That's clearly the majority wish, over not having them available.

I voted for keeping bank B as is, since I'm not sure how much I'd use FullRes, but I recognize that I'm in the minority. Of course I'll be ok with only one user bank I'm sure, though I'm overflowing that by quite a bit now.

Of course I don't actually use more than one bank's worth, but I like being able to browse a good sample of the ones I have when I'm feeling like looking. I don't use all the amp models either, but I'm glad they're there.

Last edited:
So I came up with a solution for Mark I owners: the Scratchpad bank supports both standard and FullRes IRs. Obviously you'll lose your IR when you power off.
Thank you for working out a way Mk1 users can experiment with FR IRs.
Possible for the FM9?

"...the FM9 has two Cab blocks with two IRs..." Two cab blocks in series?

Last edited:
Wait, want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Which will not be an option?
#1: converting bank-B
#2: possibility for users to freely split the memory available

I can see how #2 could be messy messy, but how about #1? Is that feasible? That's clearly the majority wish, over not having them available.

I voted for keeping bank B as is, since I'm not sure how much I'd use FullRes, but I recognize that I'm in the minority. Of course I'll be ok with only one user bank I'm sure, though I'm overflowing that by quite a bit now.

Of course I don't actually use more than one bank's worth, but I like being able to browse a good sample of the ones I have when I'm feeling like looking. I don't use all the amp models either, but I'm glad they're there.
“If you must have FullRes in a User bank then buy a Mark II.” - Cliff.

To me that sounds like they tried to do a User Bank 2 conversion, and it was a no-go. I’m not disappointed; I’d never use this live anyway - why would you need room sound when you are playing in a room? It would be for studio use only, and I can use the scratchpad option for that. It’s not the perfect solution, but perhaps it’s the BEST solution; no change to the MK 1 and you have the option to use Fullres if you’d like.

Anyone tried side by side a full res with ultra res with room parameters at the top? Are they been developed initially to obtain that effect? What has changed? Thanks

To me that sounds like they tried to do a User Bank 2 conversion, and it was a no-go. I’m not disappointed; I’d never use this live anyway - why would you need room sound when you are playing in a room? It would be for studio use only, and I can use the scratchpad option for that. It’s not the perfect solution, but perhaps it’s the BEST solution; no change to the MK 1 and you have the option to use Fullres if you’d like.
In ear monitors 😃

why would you need room sound when you are playing in a room?

The answer should be obvious, but I'll give you an example-

headphones

Another example:

playing in a treated room

another example:

playing in an untreated but dead room.

Its really the exact same reason that you have reverb but in this case, it lets you get the sound of a specific (perhaps even famous) space where reverb can be somewhat ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom