Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I came up with a solution for Mark I owners: the Scratchpad bank supports both standard and FullRes IRs. Obviously you'll lose your IR when you power off.
Great news.
But…I really hope converting bank-B is still considered as an option with so many votes for this. Best solution would of course be a possibility for users to freely split the memory available according to their needs :)

Great news.
But…I really hope converting bank-B is still considered as an option with so many votes for this. Best solution would of course be a possibility for users to freely split the memory available according to their needs :)
This will not be an option. We tried it and it's just a nightmare to manage. If you must have FullRes in a User bank then buy a Mark II.

Like to also add... The pitch block is really great. I hope we can get this kind of performance of the pitch block in the FM3 if possible.

Ok but a fender twin with full res could need only one delay or a chorus..
I'd love to have Full Res IR working on FM3, as I don't have an AXE, but an improved Pitch Block would be more useful.

Maybe Fractal can work their magic( again!) and give us both.

FAS has spoken. I, for one, was hoping for the User 2 bank to be converted for FullRes IRs. Not going to happen but they did figure out how to give Mk 1 users a solution to try the new feature. While the response was overwhelmingly in favor of losing the User 2 bank, it wasn't promised to be added to the Mk I. With the man himself saying continued support for FullRes on the Mk I would be "a nightmare to manage", it should be good enough reason for Mk I users to move along and, if implemented, use the Scratchpad to determine whether it's enough of a game changer to move to the Mk II.

When the Mk II was launched, it was clearly stated that one of the features was more memory and that it could be used for IR storage:
  • Increased non-volatile user data memory for future upgrades (i.e. more IR storage).
Those who have been around long enough know that if Cliff says he has tried to make something work, he has put in the time to make sure it either will or won't. Those who haven't been around, just trust that he's done everything possible to make it work. Let's all move on and appreciate the hard work and dedication of a man and company that doesn't settle for "good enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom