Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another idea for the Mark I:

Maybe give the option (one-time irrevocable choice) to turn the Scratchpads into two FullRes slots. If the type of memory allows it. Because many users don't use the 16 Scratchpad slots at all. And two FullRes slots suffice to give a taste of stereo FullRes.
I think this is great idea if the Bank 2 conversion is a no go. In the I think 3 years I've owned the Axefx 3 I haven't used the scratchpad a single time. (Honestly I don't even know how...)

C'mon 5 o'clock! Can't wait to give this a spin! Does this beta include the reinstatement of IR Player #2 and fix for the switches after IR Player #1 being one off, too?
Appears so. I can add IRP #2 and it seems to have fixed the mapping issue of the switches I was having with the earlier beta. 🤟

Played around more with the new Double-tap (Zombieland rule #2) front panel feature after loading the new FullRes IR's.
This may make it possible for me to not rely on my macbook to make adjustments when playing live.
Kudos Fractal always improving.

Found this: http://www.echothief.com/

They have a stereo IR that is supposedly from the original Batcave.

Going to check it out in the IR player.... :D
thinking-batman.gif

I really really like the sound of these longer IRs. When I first set them up I really didn't hear it . . . but when I bypass them the sound immediately jumps into the foreground and the realism decreases a bit. I can't wait for more rooms!

You can get really cool effects by changing the place in the chain that the IRs run as well. If I run the delay after the IR I can get some odd psychoacoustic sounds - like the delay is behind me. Playing with the position of the IR is interesting!

I'm not quite sure what I did wrong lol or maybe I stumbled on a bug ? I've tried both slots, and everyones tips in this thread but it still sounds really weird.... this is FFR in slot 3, soloed- o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom