Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flushed the version of FractalBot I had, and tried downloading again. Absolutely no change.

Ok, Old Man moment over (for now), I now chose the AF3 in the lower dropdown, WHILE in Utility mode. Jeez. This brain. lol

When i apply 1 IR from my collection, and i apply the Viper FullRes IR at the same time, i hear some kind of spikes coming out and hiss all the time, its natural for these FullRes IR's and i just dont know whats the use of them, or i did something wrong ? sounds like it is clipping for me while i check in output block and it is not

When i apply 1 IR from my collection, and i apply the Viper FullRes IR at the same time, i hear some kind of spikes coming out and hiss all the time, its natural for these FullRes IR's and i just dont know whats the use of them, or i did something wrong ? sounds like it is clipping for me while i check in output block and it is not
Mine was doing a weird delay but then I muted the one from my collection and there was no delay so I unmuted mine and it was fine.

Any idea how to get rid of the weird afternote "Cheeee". It stops occurring if I change the two Fullres IRs to Ultrares IRs. I initially thought it was birds chirping outside my window

Try muting some IR's and unmuting - that fixed that for me

Any idea how to get rid of the weird afternote "Cheeee". It stops occurring if I change the two Fullres IRs to Ultrares IRs. I initially thought it was birds chirping outside my window

That's the room. Turn the level of those IRs down.

Happy birthday!
To both of us!

It's mine too.
I'm 69.
Which weirds me out more than a little.
How the hell did that happen?

Gonna go play guitar a bit on my lunch break to celebrate!
Well, when a man woman love each other very much, ....

Our parents liked to plan on New Years' if you know what I mean.

Happy B-Day !
Thanks!! Can't wait for October, bring the cabs my friend!

Minor bug:

It looks like all IRs are showing up in green, regardless of their resolution, both in the IR Player and the Cab blocks.

Edit: This is a problem only Axe-Edit, so it will probably be fixed by the time the new version comes out. Sorry about that!
I have seen this. Happens with other firmware version when you have not updated your Axe Edit.
Also may want to run the refresh after firmware update in Axe Edit as well.
Verify from the front panel it will show the correct color for the IR even if Axe Edit does not.

That's the room. Turn the level of those IRs down.

The chirps (reflections) are quite loudly present in those room IRs.
At -20dB per IR they are still there (and at those levels the room effect disappears when mixed together with the primary IRs).

EDIT: bug found, will be fixed.

Last edited:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p00_beta8.zip

For those with a Mark II here are two FullRes IRs that you can import (thanks to ValhallIR for these):
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFL.syx
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/V2-Viper-k-sE8-FFR.syx

To import the IRs do the following:
1. Open FractalBot.
2. Select Utility as the device.
3. Select Axe-Fx III MIDI Out as the output port.
4. Set MIDI Buffer Delay to 10ms (optional but if you don't it's going to take a LONG time).
5. Choose one of the above files to send (drag-and-drop onto FractalBot after saving to your PC).
6. Go to the Cabinet 1 block and set the third IR slot bank to User 3 (FR).
7. Set the third IR slot number to the desired IR number to import to.
8. Send the file to the Axe-Fx.
9. Repeat for the other file and choose a different IR number.

If you choose, say, IR numbers 1 and 2 you will now have a stereo pair of IRs in those slots. Pan the left one left and the right one right. Experiment with different levels to increase/decrease the amount of room.

You can go to the Align page in the Cab block and zoom out to the see the response of the room IRs.

A new version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming which will support FullRes IR management. If you're impatient you can use the above steps to import the IRs.

We are expecting FullRes content from providers shortly.
@FractalAudio
Playing around with the new FullRes CAB pretty interesting.
Question. As a part of this update will we also be able to import our 500ms IR's as well? Or just the new tech IR's?

FullRes: it really works (I'm playing with headphones). Room Level in the Cab block does something similar, but the FullRes IRs sound far more natural. Probably best if the FullRes IRs match the close-mic'd IR, for which you need that Valhalla library (at the moment).

The chirps (reflections) are quite loudly present in those room IRs.
At -20dB to -40 dB per IR they are still there (and at those levels the room effect disappears when mixed together with the primary IRs).

No, it's something else because the artefacts are still there when shortening the FullRes IRs to 256.

I got the delayed chirp to go away for a while and recorded these samples but now it's back. Maybe a bug? First section no full-res, second full res minus 7 dB and final section full res at unity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom