Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.05

hi !
just 2 details @FractalAudio

is it normal that the high treble button in the ideal mode of the "citrus terrier" amp dont work ?

that the bright switch of the brit brown amp act like an overdrive ?

thank you !

I honestly can't imagine the amps getting any better. My tone right now is the best I've ever had in my entire life bar none with effectively zero tweaking.

I can see Cliff working on new IR techniques, new unmodelled amps, or new effects - but for my ears the base amp modeling technology is freaking DONE.

I'd love to be wrong - but I can't imagine the amps sounding fatter or juicier than they are right now.

I honestly can't imagine the amps getting any better. My tone right now is the best I've ever had in my entire life bar none with effectively zero tweaking.

I can see Cliff working on new IR techniques, new unmodelled amps, or new effects - but for my ears the base amp modeling technology is freaking DONE.

I'd love to be wrong - but I can't imagine the amps sounding fatter or juicier than they are right now.

Have you checked the AITR thread by Cliff??? ;)

For example - back in 1991 I had a Marshall Jubilee that I loved. It was the nastiest, grindy, trebly Marshall tone that I ever had but in a mix it just sat perfectly. It had all of the things about a soloed Marshall that you hate - the fizzy top end, the crunchy booming mids, and the flabby bass that make playing an older Marshall alone such a weird experience. But when you add drums, bass, and another guitar it's just magic.

The present AFIII gets all of the details of that tone with zero tweaking. I can plug in my 1989 RG760, grab the Brit Silver model on the AFIII, dial the input and tone knobs to taste, add pretty much any neutral cab plus a touch of reverb and it's exactly the same sound that I remember.

This is a magic box. We are blessed to live in times where we have these options.

The present AFIII gets all of the details of that tone with zero tweaking. I can plug in my 1989 RG760, grab the Brit Silver model on the AFIII, dial the input and tone knobs to taste, add pretty much any neutral cab plus a touch of reverb and it's exactly the same sound that I remember.

This is a magic box. We are blessed to live in times where we have these options.
People will always debate which modeller sounds best (it’s Fractal ;) ) and there’s numerous videos/demos where they do sound almost identical.
What elevates Fractal gear for me is that it’s so easy for an average Joe (like me) to get an incredible, realistic tone. No high/low cuts, EQ, etc. Just pick an amp you’re familiar with and a matching cab and you’re set. The level of deep dive available is off the charts, but I never touch anything past the Authentic page and am over the moon with my own presets.

I love reading about what amps artists used in certain periods to get their sounds. Then try it in the AF III and within 5 minutes I’m 90% there.

Last edited:
People will always debate which modeller sounds best (it’s Fractal ;) )
It's good to be the king....

I love reading about what amps artists used in certain periods to get their sounds. Then try it in the AF III and within 5 minutes I’m 90% there.
Except for the beauty mark and moustache.... 🤪

It is a glorious time to be a guitarist, and to be able to have the best gear....

Back
Top Bottom