Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.05

Other than 16.05 being an excellent revision and Clif (probably) having a rest for a while, if FAS is secretly putting all their resources to bring the updated Pitch Block to the FM3 and the Setlist function, then I'm a happy camper having 16.05 to keep me busy as long as it takes. :)

I'm as addicted to FW updates as anyone. I've been mainlining them since 2009.

I can't imagine an improvement in the amp modelling realm. Hell, I've been happy since Ares on the 2.

I play FAS models almost exclusively and now mostly care about routing and MIDI addressing. I'd like to have more stuff happen in the synth blocks and even a pitch to MIDI block would be neat.

Reactions: jon
Possible Bug

I just had an error (twice as I was confirming my actions), where I used the "save to new preset number" on a preset that I've had for a bit. I am running AF3 FW16.05, AE1.09.02 on a Macmini M1. I also have a FC-6 FW1.12 connected to the AF3, . The first time I had chosen to save in slot 26 originating in slot 33, and the preset was saved in slot 91. The second attempt with the same originating file, again chose 26, but this time it saved in slot 61. I searched the forum and didn't notice any direct matches. Has anyone else experienced this, or have a fix? Cheers, Lee
I just tested here. Not happening. It saves wherever I choose.

I love when we have improvements to make things sound better or more realistic but my favorite is always a new heavy amp model. I know we have plenty but that's what gets me excited. Not that we need more at this point but....

Other than 16.05 being an excellent revision and Clif (probably) having a rest for a while, if FAS is secretly putting all their resources to bring the updated Pitch Block to the FM3 and the Setlist function, then I'm a happy camper having 16.05 to keep me busy as long as it takes. :)
My guess is there's work going on regarding that patent and axefx3 v2

Holy smokes! The dimed 6160 Block is ridiculously good in Cyngus. Very addictive. Same with the dimed 1970 Plexi.

More is MORE!!!! Or as DLR once comparatively opined, it's big, bigger, best!
When you say dimed, you mean master volume? I'd like to know any tips for making this amp work for me as I was playing with this recently and found it woofy and undefined but had volume down around 1 to avoid max the headroom meter. Just wasn't quite there for me

When you say dimed, you mean master volume? I'd like to know any tips for making this amp work for me as I was playing with this recently and found it woofy and undefined but had volume down around 1 to avoid max the headroom meter. Just wasn't quite there for me
Preamp gain, MV, and all tone controls on authentic page are set at maximum value to start. The bass control on the Plexi may need to be reduced if it's too muddy for your pickups.

You can also play with the volume control on your guitar if it's too woolly.

That's the classic dimed amp setting.

Here's a clip of the 5150 block amp pretty much dimed for reference:

Can someone point me in the direction to a post where the default knob settings are explained? I'd like to know if the knobs on the amps being modelled are set to noon and thus the knobs on the axfx are "set to noon" by default. Thank you

Can someone point me in the direction to a post where the default knob settings are explained? I'd like to know if the knobs on the amps being modelled are set to noon and thus the knobs on the axfx are "set to noon" by default. Thank you
As far as I know.. The full range of the knobs are modeled. The Basic knobs all just default to 5 as a safe place to start. Nothing more.

Last edited:
The amps are fully modeled. They aren't captured - they are modeled throughout the range for each control. Resetting an amp block puts controls to zeroed settings specific to the amp. Double clicking in Edit however will set a control to a generic setting which may not be the best starting point for that particular amp's control you double clicked.

Back
Top Bottom