Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.05

I can find fault with several factory presets after an update. Switching scenes changes gain, volume, effects level etc., that I just don't like. So what do I do? I tweak the preset to my liking. Many preset's settings and sounds change, with every update. This is what backups are for. I personally am always going forward, because It only gets better with every update. Did Cygnus mess up some of my personally created presets, YES. So I adjusted them by comparing them to my original. However, since Cygnus, I have abandoned a few of mine and replaced them with factory presets, because they sound so good.
With all that said, I find no issue with Diezel vh4 silver 3, after making my personal adjustments to fit the rest of my rig, (guitar, amp, cabs, etc.).
Your presets will sound different than mine if you use a different guitar, amp, monitors/cabs, etc.

Of course you can also adjust the sound via tweaks of Channel 2 in Cygnus,
but they always have to be corrected after an update (this requires much more than EQ settings in different sections).
If channel 3 in Cygnus already sounds more "alive", "beefy" and closer to the original,
the possibilites with these settings would be much larger...

Test tone and gain structure yourself with Preset 70 "Dizzy VH4" Scenes Channel 2 to Channel 4.
In the real amp, channel 3 sounds as lively as channel 2 in Cygnus but with a different darker voicing (and without the brigth switch enabled).
That the gain structure between channel 2, channel 3 and channel 4 is not correct is obvious.
This was fine in older versions before Cygnus, as you can see in Leon's video attached to the thread.

Cliff has written that the VH4 is not a high gain amp in his opinion,
but the voicing of Channel 3 of the real amp sounds really good and is often used for nice "high gain" tones
(on top of that comes channel 4 for really high gain).

PS: And then write "+1" in this thread
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/repair-dizzy-v4-silver-3.174633/
if you want the amp to be fixed !!!

Last edited:
The original Cygnus graphic used in the 1st beta was really nice and while I know the constellation is still there... it's just not as nice. Cygnus really is a big jump forward and I think it deserves a fancy new graphic 😃. (By new, I mean the one in the original public beta)

The original Cygnus graphic used in the 1st beta was really nice and while I know the constellation is still there... it's just not as nice. Cygnus really is a big jump forward and I think it deserves a fancy new graphic 😃. (By new, I mean the one in the original public beta)
I agree 100%👍

Is there any users that have lost stereo effects after loading 16.05? for instance ping pong delay stays center even though on Out block shows delay repeats in stereo.

Back
Top Bottom