Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.05

I feel partially responsible for opening this can of wor... er... fizzy pop so I'll help return to topic. 16.05 no problems, no bugs to report, sounding great, presets rule, never used a Diezel so no opinion there and I'm stuck having too much fun playing my mk2 c+ preset to explore other models (oh for more hours in the day) which I'm currently tweaking for each of my guitars which are a '92 LP Studio (E standard), a 2006 urban camo ESP E-II (half step down) and a PRS Mikael Akerfeldt SE tuned to D.

Thanks Fractal, very much, I'm having a ball.

P.S. I don't actually drink fizzy drinks anymore, I find them dehydrating, YMMV ;)

I feel partially responsible for opening this can of wor... er... fizzy pop so I'll help return to topic. 16.05 no problems, no bugs to report, sounding great, presets rule, never used a Diezel so no opinion there and I'm stuck having too much fun playing my mk2 c+ preset to explore other models (oh for more hours in the day) which I'm currently tweaking for each of my guitars which are a '92 LP Studio (E standard), a 2006 urban camo ESP E-II (half step down) and a PRS Mikael Akerfeldt SE tuned to D.

Thanks Fractal, very much, I'm having a ball.

P.S. I don't actually drink fizzy drinks anymore, I find them dehydrating, YMMV ;)
It's the sugar that's dehydrating ;)

It's the sugar that's dehydrating ;)
Off Topic; I thought it was the pesky carbon dioxide changing my internal climate ;)
Which surprise will we have for next firmware ? (Finger crossed). We have already a lot but I am not against new amps and pedals 🌸
On topic; Marshall Valvestate, joking/not joking, I'm a early 90's metal kinda guy. Loved the contour knob. I'll get my coat...

Man, I had one in my youth. I'd run a Metal Zone with a DigiTech rack unit for mild constant chorus; I had a lot of class haha.
I had a Metal Zone and Rat which I alternated for different things, and a Boss RRV-10 for different reverbs. Good times were had. Got a really good Slayer South of Heaven sound. Kinda thin and creepy sounding. I would love to know how many Marshall sold, I had an 8080 combo and later the head.
Me the metal zone was in the bandit 112 😅
and one of my mates I jammed with had a bandit which I remember as being quite ferocious, aaannnddd... I'm off topic again, sorry, will go and flog myself with a Van Damme cables cat o' nine tails.

P.S. shoulda stacked the MZ and Rat

Yes in the mid 90’s they sold a lot of 8080, vs100… the bandit was very cool for the price ! many gigs with it when we were young . It was ok with the drums . I won’t ask for a sim of this 😅. It was just a reserve of power and volume .
the metal zone days ... the records in this era got a lot of scooped mid etc, the sound was ok with the period. The djent guys put the mids at 10 now . I still like scooped sounds but with some mids . Not at zero when we use to do . Mids? That’s not metal ! 🤣🤣

Yes in the mid 90’s they sold a lot of 8080, vs100… the bandit was very cool for the price ! many gigs with it when we were young . It was ok with the drums . I won’t ask for a sim of this 😅. It was just a reserve of power and volume .
the metal zone days ... the records in this era got a lot of scooped mid etc, the sound was ok with the period. The djent guys put the mids at 10 now . I still like scooped sounds but with some mids . Not at zero when we use to do . Mids? That’s not metal ! 🤣🤣
I guess when the djentist is tuned down to G the concept of mids is quite different ;)

Off Topic; I thought it was the pesky carbon dioxide changing my internal climate ;)

On topic; Marshall Valvestate, joking/not joking, I'm a early 90's metal kinda guy. Loved the contour knob. I'll get my coat...
I kind of liked that "bees in a jar" sound of the Valvestate. I had a 2002 AVT50 or something to that effect. Somewhere in between tight fuzz and metal zone and you could scoop and chug that thing in a fairly decent way. Not only am a newb to the forum, but I probably don't know Jack Shitz about tone.... arggghhhh.

Back
Top Bottom