Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.05

Did you see the recent vid by Leland Sklar, where he said he had to go trim the grass around the rock walls that border his property?

He does that with scissors, the whole job, because weed whackers don't do it right. (Don't remember his exact words.)

People in comments said that was totally true to his craftsmanly (ie anal) temperament.

Did you see the recent vid by Leland Sklar, where he said he had to go trim the grass around the rock walls that border his property?

He does that with scissors, the whole job, because weed whackers don't do it right. (Don't remember his exact words.)

People in comments said that was totally true to his craftsmanly (ie anal) temperament.
Damn...he is a bit old to be tweaking.

Hmph... everyone knows a true artist would stare at the grass for a few hours, trim it, stare for another hour or two, then decide it looked better before it was trimmed. Or maybe that is just my "creative" process.

He's still totally on point, better memory than me.

Not sure where I saw it, but there's a fairly recent video of him live with a bunch of other folks. I'd be pleased as punch to have him on stage with me :)
I'm sure you are right. I saw the video and it was the middle of the day. If it was amphetamine driven he would have been in his yard at midnight with a head lamp and a pair of scissors. 😂

It's the opposite - the very creative type has figured out the "special sauce" that others think doesn't matter because they have not figured it out.

Maybe. Provided they are not chronically constipated and holding it all in for fear of what it would
mean to let "it" go and release that "special sauce" into the wild. I mean, will the world appreciate "it" and
know how much effort it took to create "it?" Or will others just assume "it" is yet another piece of shit and
nothing "special" at all??

And this is apparently what happens when there are no "bugs" to report. ;)

I kind of liked that "bees in a jar" sound of the Valvestate. I had a 2002 AVT50 or something to that effect. Somewhere in between tight fuzz and metal zone and you could scoop and chug that thing in a fairly decent way. Not only am a newb to the forum, but I probably don't know Jack Shitz about tone.... arggghhhh.
It would be funny to plug into one now. Seeing as Fractal has eroded my expensive toob amp yearnings I might pick one up for a laugh from fleabay before they are deemed vintage collectible and skyrocket in price ! :D

I found a BUG I think... I have built many presets successfully in the prior version of AXE FX III v 15_using "SEND" and "RETURN" blocks within AXE EDIT using the latest version of AXE EDIT in order to add additional blocks onto a new line...

But the " RETURN" blocks in V 16.05 with the LATEST AXE EDIT don't seem to be able to pass any audio signal thru. I HAVE hooked everything up and it works going from a " SEND" block directly to an " OUT" block on both the same line & on the line below (as a test)... but I cannot get the interaction between the " SEND 1" block and "RETURN 1" block on the line below or on the same line even to pass ANY audio signal on to either an " OUT" block or another block. I have also tried using "SEND 2 " & "RETURN 2" blocks and the RETURN BLOCKS seem to be the culprit.

I have tried every permutation successfully but cannot get the "SEND" & " RETURN" blocks to do what they always have done before which is to SEND audio to a new line containing the RETURN that should then send audio to either another block or on to an OUT on that new line. Any ideas?

Help is GREATLY APPRECIATED after wasting a lot of time on what used to be simple but I HAVE RUN INTO A BRICK WALL on this.

Turn the Return Level all the way up in the Return block. It defaults to 0% to avoid accidental feedback loops.
OMG... It was NOT set that way in V 15_... WOW, how dumb I feel... Thank YOU!

I was lulled into a false complacency since I NEVER had to take any such action prior after building DOZENS of multi-line presets in V 15_.

That was literally the only thing I did not try and it should have been one of the first things to look at UNBELIEVABLE...

Thanks again and have a GREAT weekend!

Off Topic; I thought it was the pesky carbon dioxide changing my internal climate ;)

On topic; Marshall Valvestate, joking/not joking, I'm a early 90's metal kinda guy. Loved the contour knob. I'll get my coat...
As long as it’s the 8100 model. That thing kicked ass!!! Those who throw shade on Valvestate either haven’t played THIS Valvestate or just don’t like that early 90’s Prong/Death sound. Wish I still had my 8100. Every FOH soundman who ever heard mine made some comment about the great tone that sucker put out. Mix ready from the get-go. Sadly, my 8100 was sacrificed to the dark gods of the pawn shop decades ago. You know, food and electricity are unfortunately necessities in life.

As long as it’s the 8100 model. That thing kicked ass!!! Those who throw shade on Valvestate either haven’t played THIS Valvestate or just don’t like that early 90’s Prong/Death sound. Wish I still had my 8100. Every FOH soundman who ever heard mine made some comment about the great tone that sucker put out. Mix ready from the get-go. Sadly, my 8100 was sacrificed to the dark gods of the pawn shop decades ago. You know, food and electricity are unfortunately necessities in life.
That Prong sound was massive. I'm a big fan.

Back
Top Bottom