Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.05

This is a magic box. We are blessed to live in times where we have these options.
It is a glorious time to be a guitarist, and to be able to have the best gear....

It really is an amazing time. For years I played nothing but Les Pauls through Marshalls. As I've got older, I broadened my horizons with guitars, but it honestly wan't until I got the Axe Fx III that I did the same with amps. As an example, I can't believe I missed out on Fender amps for all these years. Thanks to the AF III, a Strat or Tele through a Fender amp moves me as much as that Les Paul through a Plexi. They're both a thing of absolute beauty.

I noticed my profile says "Inspired" and that couldn't be more true. I've always loved my AF III, but FW16 and the updated presets has me playing more than I ever have.

I can't believe I missed out on Fender amps for all these years. Thanks to the AF III, a Strat or Tele through a Fender amp moves me as much as that Les Paul through a Plexi. They're both a thing of absolute beauty.
Both Strats and Les Pauls can sound great with Marshalls and Fenders but there’s definitely some knob turning between the two. I’m a big believer in pushing the power amps hard in both so it’s breaking up then rolling the guitar’s volume back to clean it up.

The sounds we’ve heard through the years are there though. I am quite often surprised that a guitar and amp combination I wandered into sounds so good and in seconds I’m hearing a guitar tone from a famous record.

Back
Top Bottom