Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.04

In a live setting much of that separation and nuance will be lost to the audience. FOH systems often don't maintain stereo image worth a crap for people in different listening locations in the venue. In a recording setting, just split things into multiple tracks using the same DI. You can stack as many amps as you want that way.
VERY good points!

Interesting - can you post the preset - i'd be curious to see if I could find cpu savings in it.
Sure here you go-I mean yes, you can turn down the reverb and preamp qualities which get it right down in the 70's but, wheres the fun in that?;)

Attachments

• Urbertschall.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
On the CPU meter in Axe Edit I noticed that the CPU bounces around at random from a lower number to several higher numbers. Say 80, 82, 84 etc for the same preset even when not playing. Why does it bounce around?

Is the CPU meter just showing what CPU you have for that scene, and channels in that scene, or for the whole preset (all scenes and channels combined)?

If I'm using different reverb types for all 4 channels, if I'm mainly using Channel A for reverb, but I use reverb types that takes less CPU for the channels B,C, D I'm not using, will that lower the overall CPU for the preset?

On the CPU meter in Axe Edit I noticed that the CPU bounces around at random from a lower number to several higher numbers. Say 80, 82, 84 etc for the same preset even when not playing. Why does it bounce around?

Is the CPU meter just showing what CPU you have for that scene, and channels in that scene, or for the whole preset (all scenes and channels combined)?

If I'm using different reverb types for all 4 channels, if I'm mainly using Channel A for reverb, but I use reverb types that takes less CPU for the channels B,C, D I'm not using, will that lower the overall CPU for the preset?

Should be showing cpu for the whole preset.

The Axe-Fx models the "non-linearities" (random-y) stuff that real analog components do... interactions between virtual valves, transformers, capacitors, power supplies, etc. Also, the AFX is an integrated computing system with background processes and "tasks", though I'd think that kind of minutia wouldn't be reflected in the CPU%.

But that does raise an interesting question: does the CPU% really mean DSP%, or does it reflect the entirety of the AFX's system?

still don’t know how the 3 is normally really powerful, can have 20 blocks in a preset, but got this f***** audio gap while changing scene in a 2 block preset . If I really hope something in fractal’s future product, is to KILL this gap.
It is really,really, impossible to have an update for this ?

still don’t know how the 3 is normally really powerful, can have 20 blocks in a preset, but got this f***** audio gap while changing scene in a 2 block preset . If I really hope something in fractal’s future product, is to KILL this gap.
It is really,really, impossible to have an update for this ?
So you have a gap with only Input/Output? I think you probably have more than 2 blocks ;)

Are you sure you don't have a hold function on your switch? Axe-Edit paused or closed?

What's changing between the scenes?

Since you didn't post anything but a comment, how is Fractal supposed to update "this"?

Scene 1 : Amp block channel a , cab block , delay bypass
scene 2 : amp block channel b (same than a with a mid boost for example), same cab, delay block on
sound gap between the 2. And this with whatever amp .
not in the computer, but no problem to share a preset . I got this problem since the beginning and I’m not the only one to notice it . It’s not gapless between scenes .

Scene 1 : Amp block channel a , cab block , delay bypass
scene 2 : amp block channel b (same than a with a mid boost for example), same cab, delay block on
sound gap between the 2. And this with whatever amp .
not in the computer, but no problem to share a preset . I got this problem since the beginning and I’m not the only one to notice it . It’s not gapless between scenes .

I know this can only be so much help, but scenes can totally be gapless; it's usually just channels that necessarily have a gap. I am all into using scene controllers and the multiplexer to make gapless presets. For your situation, maybe try, instead of using channels a and b of your amp block, use a scene controller to activate midboost for scene 2, and use a multiplexer for your delay. The key here is keep everything on channel A, and make all changes using only scene controllers. You should be able to get it gapless that way. Good luck Man!

hey guys! I love fractal gear!!! But GAP GAP GAP GAP GAP is a reality! This is why I sent back my Fm3!!!!!!!! So don’t say there is NO GAP! But there IS!!!!

hey guys! I love fractal gear!!! But GAP GAP GAP GAP GAP is a reality! This is why I sent back my Fm3!!!!!!!! So don’t say there is NO GAP! But there IS!!!!

I hate to reiterate this, but in many situations you can eliminate gaps by avoid channel changes and just using the multiplexers and scene controllers. If you are able to devise your presets around the use of those two tools and, most importantly, avoid channel switching, you can often totally eliminate gaps, and it's completely and totally awesome!

If you are clever, and willing to do things differently than typically done. You can get completely gapless scene switching on the FM3. Even easier with the Axe-Fx III using multiple blocks in place of channels.

So the problem are channels ?
that’s sad because it was a nice idea to have a twin in A, a recto in B and whatever for C, but if you use 3 amps you cannot have a gapless thing so ?
i never used the multiplexer and scene controllers yet .

Back
Top Bottom