Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.04

Is it me or most of the amps got more high freq since 16.03 ?

I'd re-set the amps and re-tweaked all my main presets using 16.02 and had them all sounding good. In general I had to raise the highs in 16.02 and reset the volume levels on some amps. I updated to 16.03 but didn't have time to change anything. Updating to 16.04 I did notice more highs than 16.02.

I just reset the amps on a couple of my main plexi presets. 16.04 definitely has more clarity and sounds better once I re-set and tweaked the high end on the amps. I'll really check everything out later tonight.

I love my Axe FX - thanks Cliff and team!
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p04.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added “Indicate Edited on Scene Change” to Global Settings.

Improved Sequencer functionality. The Run control has now been expanded to STOP | PAUSE | RUN. When set to PAUSE the sequencer will halt but not reset the sequence count. The Step control allows manually stepping the sequencer when the sequencer is paused or running.

Improved Rotary block drive algorithm.

Fixed using two Amp blocks in certain combinations of models causing high frequency whine.

I only got round to it yesterday and today I've buried it :cry:
I’m the same. Got off work early and spent the afternoon letting rip loud enough to annoy the neighbours.
I grew up in the 80’s and was a huge fan of the “hair metal” bands of the time. That was the reason I picked the guitar way back when and it’s always been my favourite guitar tone.
I have my own 80’s metal preset with the Brit 800 Mod and I’m blown away by how I finally have the sound in my head. I’ve tried a lot of different modellers and different presets over the years, but honestly none have even really got close to that honky bark of a boosted JCM800 I have in my head. Even the ones I tried on the III didn’t quite do it for me and I struggled with the Brit 800 for a while. It wasn’t until Cygnus that I gave the mod version a go and have been in 7th heaven ever since with a preset smothered in chorus and delay.
With 16.04 it’s never sounded better and I didn’t stop smiling the whole time with sweat dripping off my nose as I rocked out with some New Jersey era Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Cinderella, etc and more recent with The Darkness’ first album.

The III is my first Fractal product and it’s broadened my horizons way beyond the Marshalls I’ve loved for 40 years. Even with that, it’s still been worth every penny for getting me ”my” boosted 800 tone that I’ve been searching for.

I’m the same. Got off work early and spent the afternoon letting rip loud enough to annoy the neighbours.
I grew up in the 80’s and was a huge fan of the “hair metal” bands of the time. That was the reason I picked the guitar way back when and it’s always been my favourite guitar tone.
I have my own 80’s metal preset with the Brit 800 Mod and I’m blown away by how I finally have the sound in my head. I’ve tried a lot of different modellers and different presets over the years, but honestly none have even really got close to that honky bark of a boosted JCM800 I have in my head. Even the ones I tried on the III didn’t quite do it for me and I struggled with the Brit 800 for a while. It wasn’t until Cygnus that I gave the mod version a go and have been in 7th heaven ever since with a preset smothered in chorus and delay.
With 16.04 it’s never sounded better and I didn’t stop smiling the whole time with sweat dripping off my nose as I rocked out with some New Jersey era Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Cinderella, etc and more recent with The Darkness’ first album.

The III is my first Fractal product and it’s broadened my horizons way beyond the Marshalls I’ve loved for 40 years. Even with that, it’s still been worth every penny for getting me ”my” boosted 800 tone that I’ve been searching for.

Try the "spandex and hairspray" factory preset when you get a chance.

I'd re-set the amps and re-tweaked all my main presets using 16.02 and had them all sounding good. In general I had to raise the highs in 16.02 and reset the volume levels on some amps. I updated to 16.03 but didn't have time to change anything. Updating to 16.04 I did notice more highs than 16.02.

I just reset the amps on a couple of my main plexi presets. 16.04 definitely has more clarity and sounds better once I re-set and tweaked the high end on the amps. I'll really check everything out later tonight.
Ok so I’m not dreaming … that’s strange to have harsh highs now as nothing is about amp modeling in the release notes ….

Maybe that’s the : « Improved Amp block power amp transient response accuracy. » in the .03 that does it . As we don’t have the time to really try it .
ok . Time to retweak them all today .

Today I have replaced the Brit800Mod with the Archon at one of my MSG 80's style preset, and I still cannot find where I've dropped my jaw.

Today I have replaced the Brit800Mod with the Archon at one of my MSG 80's style preset, and I still cannot find where I've dropped my jaw.

Interesting. The Archon is one of those amps I’ve tried to like after a lot of positive comments, but I just can’t get along with it. I thought it must be me, but watched a few demos of the real amp and the Axe has it nailed. Just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom