Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02

I'm getting a pop noise on the friedman amps when I turn the bass knob down and then double click it in axe edit to send it back to 5/default setting.

Good to know.
It's acoustic coupling. Send a loud enough signal through the speaker back at the guitar and the sound waves will shake the strings and/or the body, which will induce a signal back into the pickups, back through the amp and speaker, ad infinitum.

The trick is controlling it, but it's a lot of fun when it's working. And there's a magical point when the guitar and amp are primed for it where the strings sound like they're aching to sing and resonate.

Santana is probably the most famous for it, and he'll walk the stage before a show and find the spots where his guitar will feedback the way he wants, and will mark those spots. Hendrix seemed to let it go wild and then had fun.

It was one of the things I had a knack for back when I was gigging regularly. One studio track from that time frame showcases a bit or two of it, including jumping from one harmonic to another on demand near the end, by simply leaning the right way by the right amount....

I have a Tone King Imperial and am known to live on the lead channel only. My Strats and my PRS DGT love that setting and would go into feedback on demand. It’s a blast. I’m waiting for a chance to do the same with my FM3 and have no doubt it’ll do it just fine.

Hyrum's Law

You should know better than anybody if you put the knobs in, people are gonna turn 'em :)
I didn't know there was a name for that!
That's called curiosity, or possibly (i.e.in an aeroplane), idiocy.

I don't see/find Excursion Time or Release Time in Axe III Edit 1.08.14. do we need to wait for the Edit to be updated?
In the release notes it's referred to as Release Time, on front panel Recovery Time, it's clearly the same thing, but to eliminate any possibility of misunderstanding; it's the same parameter right?

Also why is it that not every parameter has been accessible via Axe-edit just yet? Are the ones only on front panel not as important? What are the other ones only available on front?

These layout changes are nice improvements; however, I would have thought that the saturation controls were also a popular feature. I'm fine with moving them; and I do see how the input boost section would indeed be more popular, and there is of course only so much space on each page. Looking forward to the changes!
In the end, both SAT and BOOST were moved to the PREAMP page as neither fit on the Ideal page after other changes. You'll see it in the next release :)

That’s what is so fun about it. Maybe it’s an old school thing to do this but when everything clicks I can grab a note at will and play with it, let it fade out then fade back in, switch harmonics, slide up and down the neck to different notes. It’s way too much fun.

agreed completely ! Controlled feedback - musical feedback and not just noise - is fun as hell.

Back
Top Bottom