Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02

Anyone having issues with amp volume not responding? Specifically, Deluxe tweed and Tweed-jumped?
Which volume, and which preset? I'll check... (I haven't been doing any tweaking, unless you call turning on a delay & chorus in FAS Lead 1, S2, "tweaking parameters." What a tone!)

No regrets. Either you are all in or you are not. Only did it when I was 100% sure that I was 100% all-in. all the amps (Bludotone, Rambler, 68 Twin as well as pedals) have been replaced with the AF. Less to carry, easier to set up, easier to get a great mix with -- (I go straight through PA) -- works great for my needs (we do a lot of weddings/special events).
I'd say that's actually very smart. I hear demand is up right now; some pedals have long wait times, I suppose due to the chip shortage...? Plus, I have to believe that as more people hear about how modelers in general are improving to the point of truly replicating tube amp tones, the demand for pedals and amps will soften, & used supply will increase.

Which volume, and which preset? I'll check... (I haven't been doing any tweaking, unless you call turning on a delay & chorus in FAS Lead 1, S2, "tweaking parameters." What a tone!)
here is the preset -- the issue is with the tweed (scenes (3-4) -was trying to tweak after the update.

Attachments

• Tele Twin.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
here is the preset -- the issue is with the tweed (scenes (3-4) -was trying to tweak after the update.
Well I'm not the guy to help you with tweaking the tone, but the gains/vols I checked were all working. S3 & 4 sound farty, but not my type of go-to sounds. Have you tried Pete-A-Palooza, S3 for a nice Fender-y tone?

Attachments

• Pete-a-Palooza.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
Well I'm not the guy to help you with tweaking the tone, but the gains/vols I checked were all working. S3 & 4 sound farty, but not my type of go-to sounds. Have you tried Pete-A-Palooza, S3 for a nice Fender-y tone?
I am not looking for help tweak my preset (sorry if I miscommunicated) That preset is actually my go-to preset that I have been using for 5 plus years. It is tuned to our PA. I have different versions for different guitars, the above is for a James Tyler Tylerblaster with a 5-way switch, I have other vers for LPs, PRS Hollowbody etc. The problem is I cannot tweak it after the latest update. Some of the controls -- specifically volume are not functioning. So the preset is not sounding as it should and I am having a hard time adjusting because the controls are not working properly. on Axe-Edit. Might have to try and do it on the unit itself vs the editor and see if that will works.

If that does not work I might have to do a hard reset and see if that will clear things up

Actually what I am going to do is rebuild from scratch --.

Last edited:
I have tested your preset. I can tweak all parameters, including Tweed Volume at scenes 3-4, from Axe-Edit.

Have you tried using WD-40 Contact Cleaner at your Tweed's volume pot? ;)
LOL ... that is a good one... did you try taking the tweed down to zero? I think I figured it out. Maybe this is something new or a bug -- when you put the second amp on another row (in parallel ) you cannot adjust the volume below a certain point -- you need to go into the mixer. If I put the amps all in line -- then I have no issues with adjustments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.51.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.51.30 AM.png
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.51.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.51.53 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Is anyone else noticing the Class-A 30W Bright is significantly lower than the rest of the amps. It looks like the preamp gain going to the poweramp section is really low. You have to get the drive way up to get the headroom levels where they are for the other Class-A models. I tried it on several different presets so it is not preset specific.

LOL ... that is a good one... did you try taking the tweed down to zero? I think I figured it out. Maybe this is something new or a bug -- when you put the second amp on another row (in parallel ) you cannot adjust the volume below a certain point -- you need to go into the mixer. If I put the amps all in line -- then I have no issues with adjustments.
This usually means your bypass mode is wrong. You want mute, not thru.

Is it just me or is 16.02 more feedback happy than the previous versions?
I feel like it dips into feedback much quicker

Is anyone else noticing the Class-A 30W Bright is significantly lower than the rest of the amps. It looks like the preamp gain going to the poweramp section is really low. You have to get the drive way up to get the headroom levels where they are for the other Class-A models. I tried it on several different presets so it is not preset specific.
There was a similar complaint for FM3 beta here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-4-00-beta-2.173429/post-2102084

Since that beta is bringing FM3 block in line with Axe Fx III it may be a common issue.

Is it just me or is 16.02 more feedback happy than the previous versions?
I feel like it dips into feedback much quicker
I don't think the Axe does feedback, per se; I think you're hearing harmonic content, of which on some patches, OMFG is it glorious!!! Just instantly fades up an octave... Amazing that a modeler can even do that!

Edit: I've also noticed in some presets you can get natural harmonics in places on a string I've never even heard before. I know they're there (it's just math), but the only time I've ever been able to get, for example, the one around the 3rd fret, I've had to have the gain (on a real amp) set so high it was an unusable tone. Not the case here.

Last edited:
I don't think the Axe does feedback, per se; I think you're hearing harmonic content, of which on some patches, OMFG is it glorious!!! Just instantly fades up an octave... Amazing that a modeler can even do that!

Edit: I've also noticed in some presets you can get natural harmonics in places on a string I've never even heard before. I know they're there (it's just math), but the only time I've ever been able to get, for example, the one around the 3rd fret, I've had to have the gain (on a real amp) set so high it was an unusable tone. Not the case here.
This.

Back
Top Bottom