Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the reverb types have been updated in addition to updated algorithms. You should find the reverbs to be more natural and spacious sounding now.

Is there any chance of creating a third reverb/ambience block? I want to add different Reverb’s to FRFR, real cab and vocals outputs and currently have to use external fx to do this? Don’t need full reverb options, just a basic reverb for the external cab setup.

Is there any chance of creating a third reverb/ambience block? I want to add different Reverb’s to FRFR, real cab and vocals outputs and currently have to use external fx to do this? Don’t need full reverb options, just a basic reverb for the external cab setup.

Use the Plex Verb type in the Plex Delay block. Or use a Delay block with high diffusion.

You can use just one block for both the frfr and cab outputs, just place the cab block at the end of the chain (after the reverb) and split the signal just before it.

PS: unless you're sending two completely different signals at those outputs

PPS: oops, I missed the word "different" in your post

I originally posted this on the FW 16.01 thread and hoping to get some clarification on the Ideal Page in the Amp Block. I recall reading that some parameters will be inactive if the real amp doesn't have the actual control. Am I misunderstanding or correct in presuming that some of the parameters in the Ideal Page will no longer affect the tone of some amps?

Prior to Cygnus, the Nuclear Tone had all parameters 'active' in the Ideal Page and have noticed that since updating to FW 16.01, and now 16.02 beta, that the Bass, Mid, Hi Cut (Presence if Negative Feedback is more than 0), Depth, Fat Switch and Bright Switch no longer have any affect on the tone.

I checked a couple of other models and there seems to be some that have all parameters 'active' while others are the same as the NT. The reason for asking in this thread is the Master Volume Trim was not 'active' on some models in 16.01 (AC20, all iterations), but is now active in 16.02 beta.

All the reverb types have been updated in addition to updated algorithms. You should find the reverbs to be more natural and spacious sounding now.
The springs in particular are much realer to my ear now, A/B ing with a 3-spring Surfy Verb pedal looped in yielded fairly astonishing results, resulting to the Surfy Verb being consigned to synth sweetening duty only for now.

That's the attitude! It is worth to start from scratch. A major firmware revision like this is like selling the old device to get a new one.
Yes.....also, i think the Euro red modern and the 5153 blue and red can straight up cover most of 80s and 90s Pink Floyd too. Man those things sound sick!!!
How is your journey coming ?

Have you tried the cab block room/hall reverbs?

So basically, If using a Tube Power Amp you simply need to turn the Power Amp modeling off?
That's the way! Always preferred this simplier switches than searching for a specific feature to turn off completely!
I agree, but turning off power amp modelling by setting sag control to 0 has been the Fractal way since the dawn of Fractal time. I wonder why change now and not years ago, or a decade ago? Neat.

Anyway, with tube power amp I ALWAYS ended up preferring power amp modelling ON in my presets. I always feel the need to mention this when this comes up because it's a thing I tested extensively in the past. Don't just assume it will sound best to switch off power amp modelling. Leave it on, lower the sag and experiment with advanced parameters. I would always get my best results that way.

I’ve also noticed on most of my maxed out presets that I can actually change from economy to normal now without much issue. So thanks for whatever magic that is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom