Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda notice that the power tubes are cookin' a little bit more with this update. Feels a bit like Chef Ramsey entered the power amp kitchen.

You mean Ramsey Bolton, yes?
ramsay-bolton-game-of-thrones-i-enjoy-it.jpg

Yeah but no.
The fun thing for me is having flexibility by preset. Because I play direct in wedding gigs or else when recording most of the times, it would be a pain to re switch. It much easier to simply turn it off when I feel like connecting to my tube amp FX Loop.
Sorry, but how is it easier to edit presets than to change one global setting?

Unless you're saying you'd have specific presets already created for one use case or another? In which case, yeah, that make sense...

Added Rows 1-6 as Reference Sources for Tone Match block.

So, here's a thing you can do with this now - tone match different amp models.

For example, I set up the USA Lead Mid Gain as my reference source and then did a live match with the 5153 Blue 50 watt, at stock settings, as my local source. Immediately gets them sounding close, but with a very different "feel" for use of a better term. You can then go on using the 5153 tone stack/advanced controls to do things the Mark wouldn't. Hrmmmmm.

'Tis good this one...

Hi Fractal !

" ..... Improved Amp block power tube grid bias excursion algorithm. The default Excursion Time and Release Time values have been updated as a result. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new default values upon recall ..... "

Do you think we will see this come to the FM3 FW 4 Beta 2 when / if it is released (?) -or- will it be too early for that (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom