Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 "Cygnus"

Hoping to get some clarification on the Ideal Page in the Amp Block. I recall reading either in this or one of the beta threads that some parameters will be inactive if the real amp doesn't have the actual control. Am I misunderstanding or correct in presuming that some of the parameters in the Ideal Page will no longer affect the tone of some amps?

I've been using the Nuclear Tone exclusively prior to Cygnus and have noticed that since updating to FW 16.01, the Bass, Mid, Hi Cut (Presence if Negative Feedback is more than 0), Depth, Fat Switch and Bright Switch no longer have any influence on the tone.

I checked a couple of other models and there seems to be some that have more parameters 'active' and others the same as the NT. What puzzled me and the reason for asking is the Master Volume Trim not 'active' on some models (AC20, all iterations), can't recall the others ATM. This is not really a control I can recall seeing on an amp but is a very useful tone shaping tool.

I was planning on going model by model and create a list of 'inactive' parameters but thought I'd ask if this was intended behavior or not?

Calling all metalheads! If you are looking for a gnarly high gain IR pack, I highly suggest the Rainbows and Chainsaws pack from Kristian Kohle.

Some of my personal favorites are from Rainbows:

03 Creamy Warmth.wav Eminence CV-75 / Mesa boogie 4x12 / sE Voodoo + Celestion Vintage 30 / Mesa Boogie 4x12 / SM57
05 Bulldozer Death.wav Omega VM12-65 / Marshall MF400 / SM57 + Jensen Nighthawk / Marshall MF400 / Lewitt MTP440DM

From Chainsaws:
03 Swamp of the Dead.wav Eminence Swamp Thang / Mesa Boogie 4x12 / AKG C414 + Jensen Tornado Stealth 65 / Mesa Boogie 4x12 / sE RNT
10 Throaty Savage.wav Fane F70 / Marshall 1960B / Heil PR20 + Jensen Tornado Stealth 65 / Shure 545

All IRs are great mixes and play really well with real cabs.

Calling all metalheads! If you are looking for a gnarly high gain IR pack, I highly suggest the Rainbows and Chainsaws pack from Kristian Kohle.

Some of my personal favorites are from Rainbows:

03 Creamy Warmth.wav Eminence CV-75 / Mesa boogie 4x12 / sE Voodoo + Celestion Vintage 30 / Mesa Boogie 4x12 / SM57
05 Bulldozer Death.wav Omega VM12-65 / Marshall MF400 / SM57 + Jensen Nighthawk / Marshall MF400 / Lewitt MTP440DM

From Chainsaws:
03 Swamp of the Dead.wav Eminence Swamp Thang / Mesa Boogie 4x12 / AKG C414 + Jensen Tornado Stealth 65 / Mesa Boogie 4x12 / sE RNT
10 Throaty Savage.wav Fane F70 / Marshall 1960B / Heil PR20 + Jensen Tornado Stealth 65 / Shure 545

All IRs are great mixes and play really well with real cabs.
You might want to post that in the User Cabs and IRs section. Maybe the mods can move it.

Back
Top Bottom