Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 "Cygnus"

Anyone else having an issue where the level knob on the individual cabs in the cab block isn't doing anything? Left, Right, Stereo, Sum....nothing. No change in volume. I tried 3rd party and factory IR's

Reactions: Rex
Anyone else having an issue where the level knob on the individual cabs in the cab block isn't doing anything? Left, Right, Stereo, Sum....nothing. No change in volume. I tried 3rd party and factory IR's
If you only have 1 IR, it will do nothing. If you have 2 or more IRs, it will change the relative level of the IR you are adjusting to the others but it will not change the overall level.

If you only have 1 IR, it will do nothing. If you have 2 or more IRs, it will change the relative level of the IR you are adjusting to the others but it will not change the overall level.
Thank you, I tried two totally different sounding IR's and could hear the change. My first two were too close to the same tone.

Great job with this firmware. I started on the axefx ultra, then the Axe2, I moved to kemper (which I still use) for a long time because I found myself endlessly tweaking the Axe2, going into the deep editing parameters, PEQ this and that.

I got an axe3 when the first cygnus beta's were out and it's just great, pull up an amp, cab, bit of verb, tweak the authentic controls and that's it, no deep diving no messing about just really inspiring amp tone.

Stellar work fractal, bravo.

Great job with this firmware. I started on the axefx ultra, then the Axe2, I moved to kemper (which I still use) for a long time because I found myself endlessly tweaking the Axe2, going into the deep editing parameters, PEQ this and that.

I got an axe3 when the first cygnus beta's were out and it's just great, pull up an amp, cab, bit of verb, tweak the authentic controls and that's it, no deep diving no messing about just really inspiring amp tone.

Stellar work fractal, bravo.
I agree 100%. Tweaking not to much. No deep diving. Playing !!

im guessing the only one who can answer this question is @FractalAudio... but here goes...

I have two units (to save lugging up to my office). Office unit 16.01 public release. Backed up Global + User Cabs + Presets, and then loaded onto Gig unit. At rehearsal at volume had some issues. One patch I have has a reverb switched on, for scene 1 but not on scene 2. Scene2 sounded exactly like I wanted, but scene1 was weirdly bad. Realised tonight that the Gig Unit had 16.01 beta 1 installed on it.

In that the release notes aren't identical for 16.01 beta1 and 16.01 public release, could this account for the difference?

"Improved Reverb algorithms. Added a couple new types."

I've installed 16.01 public release and re-applied the global, user cabs and presets and I think both units sound identical now, but won't really know till next rehearsal.

Is it possible the firmware was contributing?

Cheers

im guessing the only one who can answer this question is @FractalAudio... but here goes...

I have two units (to save lugging up to my office). Office unit 16.01 public release. Backed up Global + User Cabs + Presets, and then loaded onto Gig unit. At rehearsal at volume had some issues. One patch I have has a reverb switched on, for scene 1 but not on scene 2. Scene2 sounded exactly like I wanted, but scene1 was weirdly bad. Realised tonight that the Gig Unit had 16.01 beta 1 installed on it.

In that the release notes aren't identical for 16.01 beta1 and 16.01 public release, could this account for the difference?

"Improved Reverb algorithms. Added a couple new types."

I've installed 16.01 public release and re-applied the global, user cabs and presets and I think both units sound identical now, but won't really know till next rehearsal.

Is it possible the firmware was contributing?

Cheers
It's either the different firmware or the difference in volumes. But since reverb was the issue and the firmware specifically tweaked reverb I'd say there's a good chance it's the cause.

It's either the different firmware or the difference in volumes. But since reverb was the issue and the firmware specifically tweaked reverb I'd say there's a good chance it's the cause.
Not the volume, I have worked on that before and know what the differences are.

Maybe it’s just me...but the 15” speakers all sound really phasey to me...I’ve never played a Vibroverb - and maybe that’s what it really sounds like, but I don’t remember them sounding like this before.

Maybe it’s just me...but the 15” speakers all sound really phasey to me...I’ve never played a Vibroverb - and maybe that’s what it really sounds like, but I don’t remember them sounding like this before.

Is it the vibroverb that sounds phasey, or the 15" IRs that sound phasey? If you share your preset, we could evaluate

Back
Top Bottom