Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 "Cygnus"

I don’t know how close the Ecstacy 3534 is to the amp that Cliff modeled, but the gain on the red channel of my 3534 is crazy. At anything above 9 o’clock it’s already super saturated and compressed. It’s great for singing, sustained leads, but that’s about it.
Interesting! Thanks for the info😊 I don’t remember the real XTC 20th being that saturated. But it’s been a while since I played it, so I might not remember correctly.

thanks for the update! Reverb is easily my favorite effect, so looking forward to diving in and checking out the new space!

Excuse my absolute ignorance: If I double click the negative feedback it defaults to 3.5 but when I actually load in the amp f.e. the CAE it defaults out of the box to 6.6 - Which is the correct default value?

Any suggestions for Bludo Clean preset that lost a little 'umph' after the new 16.01 I tried the basics, Tone, MV, Level, but they're not quite it.

Thanks.

Excuse my absolute ignorance: If I double click the negative feedback it defaults to 3.5 but when I actually load in the amp f.e. the CAE it defaults out of the box to 6.6 - Which is the correct default value?

Yeah, I have raised this question a while back, the "default value" after double clicking in Axe III Edit is no default at all, it's more like a random value.

@FractalAudio @Michael Pickens , we may as well disable the double click functionality in Axe III Edit to avoid confusion, until we fix those default values....? e.g. ideally there is a way to link them to amp's correct default values, so no manual updates of them should be needed for future changes....

Will do. I was kind of thinking it might be me. Thanks Cliff. 👍
I went through all my presets while on 16.01b then loaded 16.01 and, with my headphones on, my main preset sounded like it was out of phase or had a very wide stereo spread when I thought it was purely in mono.

So, I recorded a track to compare against 16.01b, downgraded the firmware, recorded a track in parallel to the first, chopped them both up, then alternately muted them so the sound would toggle back and forth. Hmm... nothing different.

So I reloaded 16.01 and restarted my test, and, again, no change in sound.

I decided I was tired and that 16.01 sounds great. ¯\(ツ)

I went through all my presets while on 16.01b then loaded 16.01 and, with my headphones on, my main preset sounded like it was out of phase or had a very wide stereo spread when I thought it was purely in mono.

So, I recorded a track to compare against 16.01b, downgraded the firmware, recorded a track in parallel to the first, chopped them both up, then alternately muted them so the sound would toggle back and forth. Hmm... nothing different.

So I reloaded 16.01 and restarted my test, and, again, no change in sound.

I decided I was tired and that 16.01 sounds great. ¯\(ツ)
Appreciate the info. I'll keep that in mind when I get back to playing with it.

I finally upgraded from 15.01 to 16.01. Now I noticed that the Headroom meter has a very much higher amplitude with 16.01 than it was with 15.01. Is this expected behavior?

Example: Triple Crest 2, difference with 15.01 and 16.01 with exactly the same amp settings (just installed 16.01 and left the patch alone). With 16.01 the amplitude is always at the maximum. It's the same on the front panel.
headroom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom