Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 "Cygnus"

For anyone having any error messages or other little slip ups, you must not forget to refresh axe edit after firmware update, but more importantly, get the new version of axe edit because one came with this new firmware. rock on!

Every release that is NOT a beta, you should fire up Axe Edit. It will let you know if you have a down rev release. Once that's updated, FractalBot is your next step and will ask about updating to a new version.

Caveat: Fractalbot has a gap in between the 'worldwide' release and what is posted here in my experience.

Sup? ;)

Awesome! Last night I was bouncing around between patches, having a Blah kinda day and wasn't feeling that inspired,, came home to this and updated firmware, updated Axe-edit, refreshed after firmware...and I'll be damned if I haven't just been sitting here chunking away on this Triple Crest patch that I booted up with for the last 3 hours. little tweak here, little tweak there.. I haven't even bothered to change patches...lol it just kept sounding great.

MOSHON
DAVE

Every release that is NOT a beta, you should fire up Axe Edit. It will let you know if you have a down rev release. Once that's updated, FractalBot is your next step and will ask about updating to a new version.

Caveat: Fractalbot has a gap in between the 'worldwide' release and what is posted here in my experience.
Well, kinda.

Axe-Edit automatically offered to update which updated the Fractal-Bot that is embedded in it.

Opening the standalone Fractal-Bot doesn't show an available update, nor does clicking the "Click for New Version" link. Perhaps the Axe-Edit update took care of that, or the standalone Fractal-Bot hasn't been updated yet?

Any more I rely on the embedded Fractal-Bot even though I have the standalone version.

Last edited:
Sup? ;)

Awesome! Last night I was bouncing around between patches, having a Blah kinda day and wasn't feeling that inspired,, came home to this and updated firmware, updated Axe-edit, refreshed after firmware...and I'll be damned if I haven't just been sitting here chunking away on this Triple Crest patch that I booted up with for the last 3 hours. little tweak here, little tweak there.. I haven't even bothered to change patches...lol it just kept sounding great.

MOSHON
DAVE
I love that model actually the TC is great especially when boosted

I love that model actually the TC is great especially when boosted
Sup:)
Hell yeah....
I actually have the micro boost drive on about 0.64, level at 7.5,, the TC Drive at 6.3, the input trim at 1.4, the T808mod boost at 7, power tube grid bias at .731, and the Grid clipping at 53.3,,, I'm boosted everywhere...lol ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Sup:)
Hell yeah....
I actually have the micro boost drive on about 0.64, level at 7.5,, the TC Drive at 6.3, the input trim at 1.4, the T808mod boost at 7, power tube grid bias at .731, and the Grid clipping at 53.3,,, I'm boosted everywhere...lol ;)

MOSHON
DAVE
you should probably go all in and add the precision drive in front :)

This one snuck up on me today! I checked the forum numerous times but I guess I just glanced at 16.01 and assumed it was still the beta thread! Awesome news! Thanks so much! Can't wait to hit it!

LOVE the new reverb and delay EQ options. Having an adjustable Q for the delay high/low filters is icing on the cake, especially with the Axe-Edit update.

Is the Opera House type modeled on any particular real world space?

Asking for a friend.

portrayal-of-opera-house-and-koala-sydney-australia_u-l-p3wrat0.jpg

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p01.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved output transformer / speaker impedance interaction modeling. This yields more accurate low frequency response. Note that the Transformer LF parameter effectively adjusts the transformer’s inductance. Increase this value to simulate a smaller transformer, decrease to simulate a larger transformer.

Improved power amp cathode current calculation accuracy for cathode biased models.

Updated default Power Tube Grid Bias and Negative Feedback on many models based on new measurement technique. NOTE: As a result of this existing presets will update the aforementioned parameters to the new default values upon recall.

Added frequency cursor to Parametric EQ graph.

Updated Blackglass 7K Drive block model. Previous model was incorrect due to defective reference unit.

Increased gain range of Filter and Parametric EQ blocks to +/-20 dB. Also increased gain range of input EQ in Amp block. Existing presets are automatically updated.

Improved Reverb algorithms. Added a couple new types.

Fixed incorrect channel indication in Amp block when changing scenes if Scene Revert is true.

Fixed incorrect Drive control taper in Jr. Blues amp models.

Fixed incorrect default P.I. Bias Excursion in Princetone Reverb and Div/13 CJ Boost models.

Fixed missing UI for several Friedman amp models.

Fixed missing pad between preamp and power amp in USA Pre Lead models.

Fixed pop when changing Amp block channels between models with disparate gains.

Fixed switching to a preset with a Reverse Delay from certain other presets causes noise burst at switchover.

Fixed NaN in Stereo Tri-Chorus if Delay Time and Rate are set to minimum.

Various optimizations and improvements.
Now it seems the reverb low/hi cuts also have a selectable slope :)

Last edited:
I had some doubts about FW 16, to be honest, did not manage to get the same satisfaction than with 15.01, but 16.01 has made my faith to come back, this morning I spent maybe too much time with Euro Blue, mostly, and it was really inspiring, really touch sensitive, it destroys any plugin I own (and are a few).

Back
Top Bottom