Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 Beta 1 Public Beta

Just fired this up and my 1987 jumped is wonky! I reset it but its still quiet and fizzy farty muffled. Before, it was loud and proud and cut well with good clarity.

Yes! Here, too. Wonky and muffed.
I feel it in all amps. The fact that I use Mesa 2:90 seems to help with that. At 16.00 I found the frequency and adjusted it in the general equalizer and solved it.

My thanks to Fractal for his assistance and patience. It's just an opinion of what I hear in my setup.

Yes! Here, too. Wonky and muffed.
I feel it in all amps. The fact that I use Mesa 2:90 seems to help with that. At 16.00 I found the frequency and adjusted it in the general equalizer and solved it.

My thanks to Fractal for his assistance and patience. It's just an opinion of what I hear in my setup.
I had to do some resetting and its seems good again. The negative feedback was defaulting to 5 and after the beta it was on 2.07 and I was running it at 7 so I think I've got it all back with good results.

I liked the update. Seems like some whatsoever ear-pleasing frequencies are more up front.

Enjoying the JP2C. Both clean and (sh)red channels.

Last edited:
LF Res Q not updating the graph on the Axe Edit speaker page.

Same here...LF RES Q does nothing, and I believe there was another on that page that was not working.
Axe-Edit hasn't been updated yet. Usually after a firmware update (or 2 in this case) Axe-Edit doesn't behave as it should. Not to worry as Michael is usually pretty quick to update after Cliff. However, the current firmware is still Beta so, Axe-Edit may not be updated until final release.

Just played around w/this beta for a couple of hours. I tweaked over 20 patches...one thing I found is that I updated (opened up) the Input Gate on every one of the patches (just a little on the high gain stuff). All of my patches now sound better than they ever have. Thanks!

Axe-Edit hasn't been updated yet. Usually after a firmware update (or 2 in this case) Axe-Edit doesn't behave as it should. Not to worry as Michael is usually pretty quick to update after Cliff. However, the current firmware is still Beta so, Axe-Edit may not be updated until final release.
I noticed it not working and figured that was the case, that it would be updated with new Axe-Edit.

I have a preset where I had hoped that the above would have...
Fixed pop when changing Amp block channels between models with disparate gains.
I have a horrible distorted amp setup (by design) and then straight swap to CA+ Clean it seems slightly better but hasn't eliminated the spike between amp switching.

What more are you looking for?

At the end of the day, all you can do is listen with your own ears and decide what you like and what you don’t. Thankfully, we have an amazing tool in our hands that allows us to sculpt it into any shape we want.

I’m not sure how much other people can help you with this, as you’re relying on other people to hear the same things you hear, which must be described through a bit of a language barrier. That’s quite the monumental task.

There are only a small handful of people who are not happy with Cygnus and hundreds who are happy with it. Cliff still went out of his way to adjust things to try to make everyone happy. All you can do is download it, load it and see what it sounds like.

Did he really go out of his way to adjust things with the intention of appeasing the displeased, or was ityanother example of his relentless pursuit of perfection, evidenced by 200+ firmwares through the years?

The man asking asked a very simple question, with countless others wondering the same thing.

Just fired this up and my 1987 jumped is wonky! I reset it but its still quiet and fizzy farty muffled. Before, it was loud and proud and cut well with good clarity.
There was a mistake in the previous firmware. The feedback was from the wrong tap making the negative feedback value too high. 2.07 is the correct value.

If you want that big, cleanish Plexi sound then use one of the 100W versions which have higher negative feedback (i.e. Plexi 100W or 1959SLP). The 50 watters are dirty little bastages (probably why I prefer them).

Did he really go out of his way to adjust things with the intention of appeasing the displeased, or was ityanother example of his relentless pursuit of perfection, evidenced by 200+ firmwares through the years?

The man asking asked a very simple question, with countless others wondering the same thing.
I listen to everyone but if the vast majority likes something and only 2% don't then chances are the problem lies with the 2%.

Cygnus is very accurate. If you don't like the way a model sounds then you probably wouldn't like the the real amp.

I Don’t know! 98% were modified!

I believe that the time of my Mesa 2:90 and the next firmwares have passed as it gets more raw.

Back
Top Bottom