Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 Beta 1 Public Beta

If Im reading this right, transformer LF lets us simulate big iron across the models?

Oooooh boy.
Thats pretty cool you could do some interesting stuff w that like a rectoverb 25. Change to el84 and adjust the LF to get it to simulate the 30 watt iron or make a TC100
closer to the TC50 cool param for sure

I'm not really that literate on technical aspects, I would really appreciate if you could help me with my question:

I've just upgraded to Cygnus wit this patch. When I load my presets, I really like the sound. Yet when I reset the amp channels on my presets, and apply the same settings, I find the sound less desirable. What does the non-reset amp after an upgrade represent? Is it utilizing the new modelling at all?

And a side note: I'm a proud Carol Ann OD3 owner, I bought it because OD2 was my fav model in Axe FX. After getting the real amp, I always found the model lacking a bit of fatness ( I run the real amp through Axe FX utilizing torpedo and the same IRs). But with Cygnus, I feel the gap between the real amp and the model has increased. I do not mean to complain, it is just an humble feedback.
Any change after this update? Try lowering the low cut in the preamp section a bit or just moving the tone controls off of dead center will also work

Cleans seem to have a little more weight to them. Overdriven amps have a very authentic growl. Sounds very nice!

skip at 0.37 HAHAHAHAHA

I think "yes" the sound change . As it was your main question .

I just realize it s a beta myself . should I stay or should I go ? tadaadaadaa

…Love the details in your answer
Maybe the point . was a bit too much
I think that he answered it quite well. At least we know it should change the perceived sound from FW16.00.

I am sure you read the recent poll thread?
Some people cannot hear the changes between FW15 and FW16 which I find hard to believe, so like Cliff always say, "Let your ears be the judge".

I think that he answered it quite well. At least we know it should change the perceived sound from FW16.00.

Some people cannot hear the changes between FW15 and FW16 which I find hard to believe, so like Cliff always say, "Let your ears be the judge".
I ve tried to read and understand ….most threads since the beginning and all betas on Cygnus , and as a French it s not such an easy thing .
…. Just expected feels , impressions and …. details , nothing else ;)

I ve tried to read and understand ….most threads since the beginning and all betas on Cygnus , and as a French it s not such an easy thing .

What more are you looking for?

At the end of the day, all you can do is listen with your own ears and decide what you like and what you don’t. Thankfully, we have an amazing tool in our hands that allows us to sculpt it into any shape we want.

I’m not sure how much other people can help you with this, as you’re relying on other people to hear the same things you hear, which must be described through a bit of a language barrier. That’s quite the monumental task.

There are only a small handful of people who are not happy with Cygnus and hundreds who are happy with it. Cliff still went out of his way to adjust things to try to make everyone happy. All you can do is download it, load it and see what it sounds like.

He 100% answered the question, with everything being a 0 or a 1.

Sitting here laughing to myself like ... what if he said "Maybe". No clue why its so funny, but I'm at like 5 mins now still laughing because its almost a more accurate answer. Similar to..."You SHOULD, but you may not".

No problem, I was wondering if it had changed myself, as I did not see the update until this morning and will not yet had a chance to update until I get home later.

I take it that when Cliff says YES, it means that there will be a change that MOST will be able to hear.

No problem, I was wondering if it had changed myself, as I did not see the update until this morning and will not yet had a chance to update until I get home later.

I take it that when Cliff says YES, it means that there will be a change that MOST will be able to hear.
Thanks ..... :)

Just fired this up and my 1987 jumped is wonky! I reset it but its still quiet and fizzy farty muffled. Before, it was loud and proud and cut well with good clarity.

Just fired this up and my 1987 jumped is wonky! I reset it but its still quiet and fizzy farty muffled. Before, it was loud and proud and cut well with good clarity.
I had to play around with that amp a bit and it sounds really good.

…Love the details in your answer
Maybe the point . was a bit too much
I think the unsaid part was "take a listen, do you hear differences?"

That being said. I probably won't, but I'll still update. :). I know that whatever sound I'm looking for I can find, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom