Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

I thought I was done buying IR's till this stuff started coming out. Luckily his studio re-wire has given my wallet a breather ;)
Hahaha! I’m glad it’s helping your wallet, because it’s destroying mine. 😂 Cygnus is so good that it’s actually making me want to buy more amps. I should probably delete Reverb from my phone if I want to stay happily married.

Hahaha! I’m glad it’s helping your wallet, because it’s destroying mine. 😂 Cygnus is so good that it’s actually making me want to buy more amps. I should probably delete Reverb from my phone if I want to stay happily married.
Come on Justin, by more stuff to make these amazing IRs hahaha

The 121 is my absolute go-to for cabs. I may experiment blending in a little SM57 or some others just for fun, but the 121 is always the foundation.
It's the opposite for me. The 57 is the core sound, and the ribbon (160 or 121 or whichever) is added to fill in its deficiencies. I would use a 609 if it was a choice, but most IR creators push the 57 and ignore the 609....

You should buy my Fender Super Bassman before you delete it. ;)

Is it just me or when I "Reset Amps Blocks" by using the Manage Presets context menu, the Bypass Mode is set to Thru (even though it was set to Mute originally?)... that has some unexpected results in presets with more than one amp...

I hate the SM57. Too raw and gritty. Maybe that's the reason why, as I grow older, I dislike the tone of many of my favorite guitarists :D

I don’t think I have a single IR shot with a 57 in use right now. I’ve got more experience with a 57 than any other mic in the world on guitar cabs and while I’ve gotten great tones with them in the past, I hate almost every IR shot with a 57 I come across. Lately I’m all about the 160, 421 and 121’s. I won’t even buy an IR pack if it doesn’t have a 160 in it.

I agree. Especially for amps you are unfamiliar with.

It bugs me when people say just turn some knobs until it sounds good. Do you know how many knobs this thing has? Lol And how they correlate with each other? It's like trying to guess the passcode on a thousand digit briefcase. Or trying to touch your phone screen in the exact spots to have a pizza show up at your house. Or the Fed's. 😂

Turning those knobs will teach you those things. ;)

Is it just me or when I "Reset Amps Blocks" by using the Manage Presets context menu, the Bypass Mode is set to Thru (even though it was set to Mute originally?)... that has some unexpected results in presets with more than one amp...
That's the default bypass mode.

Reverb is the only thing you will hear after impoverishing yourself there ... it's worse than a gambling addiction.

Back
Top Bottom