Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

@DaAxeMan Fractal said the same as me some post ago . Something to say to fractal maybe ?
Dont know what is he talking about but yes 2 of the 4 cabs are muted . So he can turn the knobs lol. If the unmuted cabs don’t act too, so ok

@DaAxeMan Fractal said the same as me some post ago . Something to say to fractal maybe ?
Dont know what is he talking about but yes 2 of the 4 cabs are muted . So he can turn the buttons lol. If the unmuted cabs don’t act too, so ok
LOL I almost wish you were trolling. He repeatedly said those were screenshots from other sources and NOT screenshots of his own Axe Edit. He was just trying to show which knobs were effected.

Just in case Rex's response wasn't clear enough, in Axe Edit there is an option called "Refresh after Firmware Update" which tells Axe Edit to re-read the list of amps on the Axe FX and synchronize them. Axe edit won't know about the new amp list until you do this

That's always sort of been the case. The Saturation switch when engaged to ON adds a diode clipping stage to an amp (part of the Jose mod and similar). But that clipping stage, since it's clipping part of your signal, actually lowers the gain at that stage. so it adds clipping, but lowers level. The ON (IDEAL) mode adds the clipping, but normalizes the level to account for the clipping reducing it. Depending on how hot your signal was into the part of the amp where the diode modelling is added, and how much it boosts to compensate, and whether later stages of the amp were adding more clipping (and therefore capping the volume at the same level regardless of input level) then the ideal switch will be louder than the normal ON mode.
Super. Thank you!

So uh.. Are anybody else’s individual IR levels knobs in the Cab block not working?
When you say "not working," what do you mean exactly? I may have missed an explanation in a subsequent post, but I think we need to understand more specifically what you are experiencing. The levels on individual cabs in the cab block will only impact the volume of the cab relative to other active cabs. So, if you have two cabs active, turning one down 12db will not reduce your overall level by 12db, but rather make that cab12db lower in the mix.

Plenty of people much smarter than me on here regarding this type of thing. My bad if this has already been covered in the responses before mine.

When you say "not working," what do you mean exactly? I may have missed an explanation in a subsequent post, but I think we need to understand more specifically what you are experiencing. The levels on individual cabs in the cab block will only impact the volume of the cab relative to other active cabs. So, if you have two cabs active, turning one down 12db will not reduce your overall level by 12db, but rather make that cab12db lower in the mix.

Plenty of people much smarter than me on here regarding this type of thing. My bad if this has already been covered in the responses before mine.
Exactly, and considering this behaviour, they work as expected for me, just tested

This probably has everything to do with it. I was messing around with a preset on my lunch, and I was trying out mixing in an IR that isn’t exactly traditional for guitar.

When I saw that the knob wasn’t working with the paired IRs, I went to a preset with only one IR in the Cab block, and it wasn’t working still, so I assumed it was broken. 🤦‍♂️

Thank you for pointing this out. I’ll have a look when I get home.

Yesterday 9 pages today 18 pages...
Anyway, a big thanks to Cliff and the Fractal team for all the hard work that went into this release.
We are very fortunate that a great product was created by such a great team.
I will be a fractalyte for life...or should i say a chucklehead for life :).

Just in case Rex's response wasn't clear enough, in Axe Edit there is an option called "Refresh after Firmware Update" which tells Axe Edit to re-read the list of amps on the Axe FX and synchronize them. Axe edit won't know about the new amp list until you do this

That's always sort of been the case. The Saturation switch when engaged to ON adds a diode clipping stage to an amp (part of the Jose mod and similar). But that clipping stage, since it's clipping part of your signal, actually lowers the gain at that stage. so it adds clipping, but lowers level. The ON (IDEAL) mode adds the clipping, but normalizes the level to account for the clipping reducing it. Depending on how hot your signal was into the part of the amp where the diode modelling is added, and how much it boosts to compensate, and whether later stages of the amp were adding more clipping (and therefore capping the volume at the same level regardless of input level) then the ideal switch will be louder than the normal ON mode.
I stated that i did a refresh in axe edit. No change... hmmm... i will try again with the non beta update. Crossing fingers.

Cliff, thank you and your terrific team! The clean amps sound very different (great), and the levels are almost perfect. With minor tweaks, I got so close to the sound of my beloved '94 AC-30TB with blue bulldogs. I can play classical music and feel the difference. Thanks!

I think i figured out why it wasnt working. A lot of my presets use the buttery amp. That does not appear in the amp list anymore. I guess they got rid of that? Or did they rename it to something else? It wants to use buddah duomaster instead. That sucks if they got rid of that amp. Loved that amp.

I think i figured out why it wasnt working. A lot of my presets use the buttery amp. That does not appear in the amp list anymore. I guess they got rid of that? Or did they rename it to something else? It wants to use buddah duomaster instead. That sucks if they got rid of that amp. Loved that amp.

If I recall correctly they're the same amp.

Back
Top Bottom