Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

I don’t know if it’s been reported yet, but there appears to be a bug affecting a couple of the BE models. Using authentic controls, the first two BE’s have no knobs visible on the first tab.

More of that grunt when loud... it's such a speaker dependent circuit you're gonna get a thousand different answers. Try it and find out!
Thanks, Johnny! I'm limited to my FM3 til I can get back to the warehouse. Trying to make a plan for how much time I need to spend there re-doing 30 or so presets, with 3-6 scenes each. Are the changes here as varied as they are for high gain amps? Or can I get there with a few small tone tweaks?

I don’t know if it’s been reported yet, but there appears to be a bug affecting a couple of the BE models. Using authentic controls, the first two BE’s have no knobs visible on the first tab.
Have you installed latest axe edit? If not, did you select “refresh after firmware change”?

I’m not seeing that on my Friedman preset

I think the sound was almost there for years already, but this is a huge leap in the feel. I never thought I'd go frfr, but I am now.
I spent my FRFR budget on a vegetable garden, since last year was impossible to get plants, so hopefully next year I can get a stereo FRFR.
It's still nice with my Waza TAE amp into a 5153 cab though.

I think there’s bug in dizzy v4 silver.

it sounds like silver 2 has more gain and it’s tighter than silver 3.

it should be other way around.
Looks like these models are swapped.

Crank the gain on both models and jump between them, it’s pretty obvious.

edit : I checked with real amp - it looks like models are mixed indeed.

Last edited:
Word of caution on the new Amp reset tool:

It leaves all your settings in the Authentic/Ideal page but if you (for example) use a MESA Mark series amp and its graphic EQ, IT WILL reset the sliders back to zero. Same about the impedance curve. To me, those two values along with maybe the Input EQ should be left untouched too IMO.
It would be so sweet to have a reset tool in Axe-Edit and be able to select which parameters you'd like to leave untouched.

The changes for cathode biased amps will leave your jaw on the floor in that case.
All the AC style amps are grunty and bright.
All the Fenders are everything I wished for, but the tweed deluxe and princeton are the standouts for me.
This is very helpful knowledge, since when I'm not using an AC30, I'm using a Tweed Deluxe. Or sometimes both.
So you feel the improvements are so dramatic that they will require a significant amount of time to re-dial in each preset?

Possible Bug?

Cygnus so far is just insanely good - loving the new feel and thump I'm getting through my MF10s!

I'm noticing a significant volume jump on the FAS Brown amp when I engage the Saturation switch on the Ideal setting. Bug or by design? Doesn't seem to do this with other amps I'm using and don't recall this being this way before.

EDIT - having just tried with the Friedman, that's doing the same thing too (volume boost). Maybe it was always like this and I never noticed?

Congrats (and thanks) to the team at FAS though - an absolute arse-kicker of an update.

Sukh

Last edited:
Well, you're the only person so far with USB failures, so the way to go is either provide more specifics about your setup so a potential rare bug can be rooted out or look for user errors.
Hi Ben, thanks for your reply. I am now back on 15.01 and no issues anymore.

This is very helpful knowledge, since when I'm not using an AC30, I'm using a Tweed Deluxe. Or sometimes both.
So you feel the improvements are so dramatic that they will require a significant amount of time to re-dial in each preset?
The Tweed Deluxe is a completely new beast and acts 99.9% of the real thing minus blown output transformers. So you get all the weirdness on the non-jumped model moving the inactive volume pot, and all the goop in the jumped model. You will have to entirely redo any presets with it because each movement of the gain knob is a different tone.
You can get all the Edge single coil and Lanois, Neil Young humbucker tones.

Back
Top Bottom