Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

I've tried almost every major firmware update since axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_5p02.syx and I must say 16.00 "Cygnus" are the best improvement (yet?). There hade been said it was not possible to make the modeling better many times before but I always felt it lacked something.
Recording has always sounded great but the feeling was not just there, but this firmware takes you that last pieces of the puzzle.
Now back to rebuild my presets, it's gonna take a while since I just got to my first friedman and played for a couple of hours.

Let me join the chorus. Massive thanks to Cliff and FAS for continuing to push the envelope and make the AxeFx the best modeler on the market! My AxeFx products (Ultra, II, III, MFC-101, FC-12) have been as valuable to my sound as any other purchases I've made. I had waited to update until it was out of beta (it didn't hurt I had been on an acoustic kick for several months) so I'm looking forward to falling down the rabbit hole.

For those few not getting along with the effect of the new changes of Cygnus and it’s affect on their presets, here is a reference to Cliffs comments on lessening it’s affect:
Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...us-firmware-public-beta-8.171486/post-2069486

That being said, I would seriously consider building new presets from scratch that start with Cygnus from the onset.

Last edited:
Nothing changed.

Dizzy V4 ch.4 has been obiously changed. I think from Beta 11 or so.

I wrote in B11, that I compared dizzy v4 to real diezel and input gain on amp model ch. 4 had way less gain than real amp. (30-35% less)

Now with model, input gain at 9-10 o´clock is just way too much gain, almost unusable - exactly like the real amp :D

Dizzy V4 ch.4 has been obiously changed. I think from Beta 11 or so.

I wrote in B11, that I compared dizzy v4 to real diezel and input gain on amp model ch. 4 had way less gain than real amp.

Now with model, input gain at 9-10 o´clock is just way too much gain, almost unusable - exactly like the real amp :D
He specifically said Beta 12.

He specifically said Beta 12.
Ok, you got me :D.

Can you maybe confirm, that you revisited dizzy in latest betas ?

I could have input gain at 60% and it was plenty, but still usable - that´s why I loved model more then real amp.

Now with input gain at 30%, it´s too much - accurate to the real deal, but not usable for me anymore.

That´s not bashing, accuration is the paramount, just wanted to know, thanks !

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom