Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

Just Installed.

Lost preset 1, for the first time since Cliff squashed the bug in Jan/Feb.

Something about a 40 second refresh or something?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
So since FW16 seems to require one to tweak your presets, what does a brand new owner of an Axe Fx III get? Meaning, do they get FW16 with all new factory presets, do they get FW16 with old factory presets that they have to tweak to sound right with Cygnus, or the same FW that the factory presets were created on?

So since FW16 seems to require one to tweak your presets, what does a brand new owner of an Axe Fx III get? Meaning, do they get FW16 with all new factory presets, do they get FW16 with old factory presets that they have to tweak to sound right with Cygnus, or the same FW that the factory presets were created on?
Read the OP.

FANTASTIC! been playing the pack i got from you today all morning, amazing sir, you are the master of balanced tones! :) fantastic
I have the naked amps tone pack. I keep seeing people say (and buddy himself) that the presets won’t sound the same after this update and that it will take many months for buddy to update them. Are you not noticing any negatives to updating? Presets still sound good?

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for an incredible product and inspiration machine! I've never enjoyed playing through and rig this much in my 40+ years of playing... I wish I could go back in time with this rig... Back to the future! Thank you so much!!

A few weeks ago i tried installing one of the Cygnus beta releases. It seemed that the new firmware changed the amp to a different amp on many of my presets. I saw that the amp numbers and order had changed, but shouldn't the presets keep the same amp? I did a FW refresh in axe edit, but still had the wrong amps.

I just ended up downgrading back to 15.01 and getting my old presets back.

Is there a way to not have it change the actual amp in the presets with this update? Did i do something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom