Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

Cliff ... thanks for all the work you and all the staff do .... but ..... you could have left the initial screen of the first beta .... a bit of news also there to give a sign it took a change !!!!! It was spectacular !!!!

Thanks so much Cliff and crew. Recent purchase of axe 3 Mk 2 and fc 12. So thrilled with my experience.

Cliff ... thanks for all the work you and all the staff do .... but ..... you could have left the initial screen of the first beta .... a bit of news also there to give a sign it took a change !!!!! It was spectacular !!!!
You can see the Cygnus in the background of the loading screen! It's subtle, but there!

Just ran through several of the beta Cygnus presets I created and man do they scream!! The strings on my guitar are in dire need of replacement and the pinch harmonics and growl from this FW is truly on a different level! Thank you Cliff and team!! Absolutely amazing!!

On some amps i have tried, it seams the the bass knob does nearly nothing from 5 - 10
I have a Axe III on loan for a few weeks. So i dont know what has changed in the last 2 years :)

Updated firmware and when I booted the unit back up I had a weird latency issue until I switched presets and back. Everything is fine now.

On some amps i have tried, it seams the the bass knob does nearly nothing from 5 - 10
I have a Axe III on loan for a few weeks. So i dont know what has changed in the last 2 years :)
Which amps?
If you want tone controls to work you have to watch the headroom meter on the master volume for most amps.
It catches a lot of people off especially on modern, preamp driven amps.

I've asked this before, but didn't get a response: Will the upgrades to the amp modeling also be implemented to the drive blocks like they were for Ares? Also, thanks to Cliff, and everyone at Fractal. Your products have been at the center of my little home studio set up for over 10 years. I love you guys. Thanks for everything!!!
Somewhere in the Beta threads the underlying changes were discussed. Short answer is that changes were made in the modeling for the power amp that were then applied to the preamp, resulting in a different architecture overall. Then changes were made to the speaker dynamics as well. I don't think that any of those changes relate to the modeling architecture of the drive pedals. The changes to drive modeling that occured with Ares was just concurrent with the amp modeling changes; just as the changes to amp modeling in Cygnus is concurrent with the speaker dynamic changes. (but I could be wrong on some details).

Somewhere in the Beta threads the underlying changes were discussed. Short answer is that changes were made in the modeling for the power amp that were then applied to the preamp, resulting in a different architecture overall. Then changes were made to the speaker dynamics as well. I don't think that any of those changes relate to the modeling architecture of the drive pedals. The changes to drive modeling that occured with Ares was just concurrent with the amp modeling changes; just as the changes to amp modeling in Cygnus is concurrent with the speaker dynamic changes. (but I could be wrong on some details).
& @RatBastard
Drive modelling was redone in Ares, but not for FM3.

Which amps?
Band-Commander , Archean Bright , Archean , the Bludojai Clean have some bass, but not a lot. I will see if i find more
As i said, i dont know how the sound have changed in the last 2 years, since i only have a Axe II

Back
Top Bottom