• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

Joker

Inspired
Just a quick question about the Rockerverb 50: Is the taper of the input drive fixed now? It has more gain around 8 to 10 than before, but it behaves the same as in the "faulty" beta before this one if it's not set to around 8+.

Edit: I made an RV 50 preset from scratch, and I tried to load different amps (SLO, Plexis, Fenders) and then load up the RV 50 again. The same input drive behavior was still present. I'm not sure if it's faulty the way it is, though.

Last edited:

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Just Installed.

Lost preset 1, for the first time since Cliff squashed the bug in Jan/Feb.

Something about a 40 second refresh or something?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:

TSJMajesty

Power User
So since FW16 seems to require one to tweak your presets, what does a brand new owner of an Axe Fx III get? Meaning, do they get FW16 with all new factory presets, do they get FW16 with old factory presets that they have to tweak to sound right with Cygnus, or the same FW that the factory presets were created on?

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
So since FW16 seems to require one to tweak your presets, what does a brand new owner of an Axe Fx III get? Meaning, do they get FW16 with all new factory presets, do they get FW16 with old factory presets that they have to tweak to sound right with Cygnus, or the same FW that the factory presets were created on?
Read the OP.

UpTheIrons

FANTASTIC! been playing the pack i got from you today all morning, amazing sir, you are the master of balanced tones! :) fantastic
I have the naked amps tone pack. I keep seeing people say (and buddy himself) that the presets won’t sound the same after this update and that it will take many months for buddy to update them. Are you not noticing any negatives to updating? Presets still sound good?

srf399

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for an incredible product and inspiration machine! I've never enjoyed playing through and rig this much in my 40+ years of playing... I wish I could go back in time with this rig... Back to the future! Thank you so much!!

Top Bottom