Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

Geritol all around and Pedialyte flows like wine. Just kidding. I am almost there myself.
Have one on me.

26031b47-e119-496b-8f7b-c9c562eb1e9d_1.8b415dabcde3eeab06027a898238f16c.jpeg

Tried Cygnus and back on 15.1.
The new firmware has some great things about it. It's seems more raw but I miss the chewy sounds of 15.01
Maybe i'll give it another go once the official release hits.

Tried Cygnus and back on 15.1.
The new firmware has some great things about it. It's seems more raw but I miss the chewy sounds of 15.01
Maybe i'll give it another go once the official release hits.
It's weird. I love both 15 and 16 and could happily gig and record with either. Kinda like having 2 of the same amp with different revisions, you love one for one reason, love the other for a different reason. At this point I may still use both FW's. How's that for amazing progress!

Updated to this from previous beta. All my user made presets are empty! First problem I've ever had with an update.

Edit: And it's not loading presets from the backup I made with the beta. This is a disaster!!

Edit: OK, user made presets are still there except for any presets I ever modified during the beta phase. Those are gone and backups made during the beta phase won't load.

Edit: Never mind--I'm an idiot. Thought it was new firmware but it was old.

Last edited:
Updated to this from previous beta. All my user made presets are empty! First problem I've ever had with an update.

Edit: And it's not loading presets from the backup I made with the beta. This is a disaster!!

Edit: OK, user made presets are still there except for any presets I ever modified during the beta phase. Those are gone and backups made during the beta phase won't load.
This is expected behavior.

Presets saved under a later firmware are "empty".

They are still there but the older firmware can't see them.

Edit:

Also, technically you "downgraded" not "updated"...

This is expected behavior.

Presets saved under a later firmware are "empty".

They are still there but the older firmware can't see them.

Edit:

Also, technically you "downgraded" not "updated"...

Oh man, I screwed up. I saw this thread bumped recently and I thought it was the final Cygnus software. I see now it's an older version that was being bumped. My bad!

Back
Top Bottom