Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

Real deal. Dream guitar. Only wished I owned it. Ha. For inspirational purposes only;)

I would just like a chance to play one once.
I have. And, if I'd had the money, I would have handed all of it over to Paul at the time. It was as perfect an instrument as I can possibly fathom. 'Docs will be the Stradivarius of guitars in 100 years.

Last edited:
I have. And, if I'd had the money, I would have handed all of it over to Paul at the time. It was as perfect and instrument as I can possibly fathom. 'Docs will be the Stradivarius of guitars in 100 years.
I thought they were soooo expensive when they were still less than $10k. Now what is it? $16k? Probably gonna be one of those missed opportunities as I didn't have that kinda scratch when you had a chance of getting on the list, but now with the price and just a tiny chance to even get on the list I doubt I'll ever wind up with one.

I thought they were soooo expensive when they were still less than $10k. Now what is it? $16k? Probably gonna be one of those missed opportunities as I didn't have that kinda scratch when you had a chance of getting on the list, but now with the price and just a tiny chance to even get on the list I doubt I'll ever wind up with one.
And I'd be scared of everything with something like that around, and somewhat embarrassed to bring it with me pretty much anywhere I'm likely to be ever. Only possible way out is nobody else knowing what it was, but I would, and it'd be weird not to answer if asked.

$18k for a 2021 build slot. But there are no slots available for 2021.

There's a used G2 on Reverb for $15k right now that's super tempting. It's one of Mike Gordon's 'Docs actually: https://reverb.com/item/6483694-paul-languedoc-g2-electric-hollowbody-guitar -- nix that it sold. I just can't Reverb.
I saw that one before. Pretty cool with the spruce top. Yeah $18k is way too much. I’ll probably get an Artinger one day. I’m sure it’s pretty close. Unless I win the lottery.

Hey, I had a chance to order a Dumble ODS for a little over $6k at the time. "Six thousand dollars! You must be joking!" :disrelieved:

I saw that one before. Pretty cool with the spruce top. Yeah $18k is way too much. I’ll probably get an Artinger one day. I’m sure it’s pretty close. Unless I win the lottery.
An Artinger is in my plans as well. Figure that's an excellent second option.

@greiswig

Yeah, I got a quote back from Howard Dumble, just before I ordered my Mesa IIC, and his basic amp was $1400-ish. IIRC. This was back in 1983. I sitll love my Boogie, but dang, the value increase on the Dumbles has been nuts! Could have been a hell of an investment. Oh well; life!
Lol Lee

I see that this month yet again, session man Adam Goldsmith once again pontificates in his Guitarist magazine column about how various other modelling devices are so much better than the Axe-Fx. Barely an issue goes by without him mentioning that, and he also appears to have a bromance with Michael Britt, because that name pops up monthly as well.

I see that this month yet again, session man Adam Goldsmith once again pontificates in his Guitarist magazine column about how various other modelling devices are so much better than the Axe-Fx. Barely an issue goes by without him mentioning that, and he also appears to have a bromance with Michael Britt, because that name pops up monthly as well.
The same Guitarist magazine that gave us last year's Gear of the Year award.

For those of us that don’t have a subscription to that magazine, how would you summarize his complaints about the Axe 3?

In other words, it’s hard to imagine what about the 3 is lacking and what he thinks is better about any other modeler...

For those of us that don’t have a subscription to that magazine, how would you summarize his complaints about the Axe 3?

In other words, it’s hard to imagine what about the 3 is lacking and what he thinks is better about any other modeler...

I think there's one key area where the Axe-FX III, and indeed all Fractal units, is lacking compared with those competitors, and that's advertising spend in Guitarist magazine.

Fractal is unique in their own way. you can't go to a music store and buy a new axe fx 3. Fractal is like a European sports car the only way your going to get it new is to order through them. Now a good idea for fractal would be custom orders. Order a axe fx 3 and have custom stuff done to the axe fx 3 like you would the sports car.

Fractal is unique in their own way. you can't go to a music store and buy a new axe fx 3. Fractal is like a European sports car the only way your going to get it new is to order through them. Now a good idea for fractal would be custom orders. Order a axe fx 3 and have custom stuff done to the axe fx 3 like you would the sports car.
I want a red racing stripe!

Who? Never heard of him. Was he famous years ago or something?

The Delay bug has already been fixed for the next release.
I'm still having a problem with the Ten-Tap not holding a first tap value of 3410 ms - reverts to 16xx ms. ( I use a second ten-tap to get an 11th tap - the first having 10 tap settings spaced at 310ms).

Back
Top Bottom