Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

In the past when I would power down the AF3, the CLRs never really made much of a peep. Now, on 15.1, they thud.
Not happening here, although I don't have CLRs connected but a normal pair of studio monitors.

I don't think the "soft off" behaviour is influenced by firmware. I'd expect it to be a small circuit at the outputs, as it needs to be active instantly after you turn the unit on or off.

Not a big deal. Not a complaint. Just wondering if anyone noticed the same thing.

In the past when I would power down the AF3, the CLRs never really made much of a peep. Now, on 15.1, they thud.

I have the AF3 and CLRs plugged into the same power strip and I leave the CLR's power switches on. I would typically power down the AF3, then turn the power strip off.

Not happening with my CLRs and other studio monitors either. Must be something to do with your setup/preset.

put fw 15.01 on, worked fine for some day's
now it gets sluggish, freezes - does not respond, not on the Fc12 or front panel
reinstalled 15.01 3 times, same results, tried to reset all parameters, does not respond.
Went back to 14.03, worked ok.
Back to 15.01, again sluggish, or nor responding.....what to do next plse?

Last edited:
now it gets sluggish, freezes - does not respond, not on the Fc12 or front panel
reinstalled 15.01 3 times, same results, tried to reset all parameters, does not respond.
Back to 15.01, again sluggish, or nor responding.....what to do next ?
Any chance the preset(s) you’re using when sluggish might have grown slightly with 15.01? Just spitballing, but I’ve seen problems occur when preset size is elevated. Best of luck. Lee

Any chance the preset(s) you’re using when sluggish might have grown slightly with 15.01? Just spitballing, but I’ve seen problems occur when preset size is elevated. Best of luck. Lee
Yes, correct, even these presets are not shown anymore in my listing, very strange, and these are my 15 core presets even
Maybe i have to size down my presets, but they are not in the red area, anyhow i will give this a try tomorrow, thanks

Last edited:
I did find that on my Marshall amps, the tone is far brighter than the previous firmware releases... Which is no big deal...I just tweaked the amp down a bit on presence, mid-range and treble, and dropped a few other things in it as well. Sounds great!

Yes, correct, even these presets are not shown anymore in my listing, very strange, and these are my 15 core presets even
Maybe i have to size down my presets, but they are not in the red area, anyhow i will give this a try tomorrow, thanks
If you saved the presets under FW 15 you will not be able to see them on previous FW versions. This is normal behavior.

The question being asked was (I believe) about your CPU level in the presets.

Back to 15.01, again sluggish, or nor responding.....what to do next plse?
It came to my mind that i just changed some USB settings to get backing tracks from my Macbook on my cabs.
So this could be a reason for the sluggish, non responsive behaviour.
But after disconnecting and putting FW 14.3 and 15.1up again, still the same....
Now i deleted one by one my new presets in 15.1, and (i hope) found the cause by one corrupt preset that freezes my Axe immediately.
I can't even download it from my backup anymore. So fingers crossed that my problem is solved.
Thanks.

I prefer Fender, Vox vs Marshall amps!
Interesting! Now out of these, my ears like everything!
Would it be a placebo effect?
Because this has not been the case so far!

Now it's perfect!
Thank you for the non-discontinued improvements!

It's not placebo. I used to have to dive pretty deep to get "edge of breakup" Marshall models to sound so much like the amps they model. I pretty much always played Marshall, Vox and Fender, but have always used Marshalls in quite a Fender or Vox "style", rather than with the quite intense overdrive they are capable of. 15.01 has meant I needed to look back over all my Marshall presets in a little more detail than on previous updates, but to be honest it has been a pleasure rather than a chore.

I haven't been back through my favourite Fender amp models since the new firmware release, but from playing around with Marshall models, I think it will put a smile on my face.

Thank you Fractal Audio, just when I think it can't get much better, you go and prove me wrong again.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom