Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

I dont like FW 15 and 15.01. It lacks roundness and have way to much upper mids and highs in my ears. For me it´s hard to dial in a round, fat fender clean with that special "silky" highs. I love the CAE clean and the Dumble Clean too: They both miss the fatness in the lower frequenzies. My standard IR´s literally doesn´t work anymore.
Round, fat overdrive D-style sounds are also hard to dial in. Maybe it´s grat for heavy style, I don´t know.
Just my opinion. I´m sure, other days will come.

I dont like FW 15 and 15.01. It lacks roundness and have way to much upper mids and highs in my ears. For me it´s hard to dial in a round, fat fender clean with that special "silky" highs. I love the CAE clean and the Dumble Clean too: They both miss the fatness in the lower frequenzies. My standard IR´s literally doesn´t work anymore.
Round, fat overdrive D-style sounds are also hard to dial in. Maybe it´s grat for heavy style, I don´t know.
Have you adjusted the EQ controls in the amp block?

I play through real cabs, and those Fender cleans are better than ever, imo.

Jan

That amp doesn't have a depth control and the Depth parameter has never done anything on that model because it doesn't have any negative feedback.
I asked this before, don't think anyone responded...
I'm wondering what happens when you add negative feedback to an amp that doesn't have any by default.
I do that on higher gain scenes sometimes, to tightens things up, for lack of a better word.

Do the new amp modeling changes kick in in that case, or are they just not part of models that don't have negative feedback built in?

I asked this before, don't think anyone responded...
I'm wondering what happens when you add negative feedback to an amp that doesn't have any by default.
I do that on higher gain scenes sometimes, to tightens things up, for lack of a better word.

Do the new amp modeling changes kick in in that case, or are they just not part of models that don't have negative feedback built in?
If you add negative feedback you get negative feedback. Amp modeling is universal, it's not selectively applied based on the model.

What's that? ;)

Manual p 67

Tone Control Display
AUTHENTIC/IDEAL
This parameter governs the "Tone" page of the amp block. When set to Authentic (default) only those controls present on the actual amp are displayed. When set to Ideal all tone controls are displayed. Also, when set to Authentic, the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls.

Manual p 67

Tone Control Display
AUTHENTIC/IDEAL
This parameter governs the "Tone" page of the amp block. When set to Authentic (default) only those controls present on the actual amp are displayed. When set to Ideal all tone controls are displayed. Also, when set to Authentic, the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls.
I'm aware yek, that's why the winky smily. But thanks for being helpful, as you always are!

Reactions: yek
The depth knob is working good in band-commander ideal mode, as it is lacking some bottom to my ears.

Back before fw 11.x the band commander had a different (to my ears, fatter) impedance curve peaking at 100Hz which I love. I turned off loading new curves back then so I wouldn't lose it (as well as other curves on other amps I preferred).

The post 11.x default curve for that amp is 2x12 Double Verb which peaks at 50Hz. I have no idea what cab/imped would be the most "authentic" but I like the pre 11.x best.

Back
Top Bottom