Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

Everything sounds great. Love turning up the transformer drive on the Plexi models. It really gives them some extra beef.

The DRV 1981 model sounds great. A slightly lower gain Rat, as Cliff and others said. It might be my favourite drive model now.

Thanks Cliff and team.

I’m not bullshitting here....this latest firmware has given me such a wicked growl and tone, I haven’t been this inspired nor have I played as much in a long time since fw15 was released! Said I’d be happy with 12.14 being the final fw....it has quickly been replaced with 15.1...great job once again!

FW 15 is freaking incredible. A similar jump in awesome and inspiring tones as the speaker impedance curve update.

Thanks Cliff ,
Thanks also for fixing the clicking I was encountering with some presets with v15.0.
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/15p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_15p01.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved output transformer modeling in Amp block. For typical values of Transformer Drive the difference is subtle but mathematically more accurate adding a pleasing low-end growl and improving “tightness” in high-gain sounds. For high values of Transformer Drive the difference is more pronounced. If you have increased Transformer Drive on your presets above the default value then you should audition your presets.

Fixed Depth control not working on some amp models.

Can someone check the Depth control on the Matchless DC30 EF86? I can't hear it doing anything... at least not like I could in the 14.xx FW.

Can someone check the Depth control on the Matchless DC30 EF86? I can't hear it doing anything... at least not like I could in the 14.xx FW.
I am hearing no difference. I am also not hearing much of a difference on any tone control except bass and high treble on that model.

I am new to the Fm3 but haven’t recieved it just yet but can someone help me? How many ir’s can you have into the fm3 and can you convert the ax3 presets into the fm3?

Back
Top Bottom