Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00

I've never really gelled with the Friedman models, always thought they were too muddy. But with FW15, they sound and feel incredible. They are articulate, but with thump. They sound like the best demos of the real amps I've seen. Great stuff!

So we now have new firmware, new Axe-Edit, and a new USB driver for Windows.

Does anyone have any solid advice on installation order? Does it matter?

I'd guess driver, Axe-Edit, firmware, but I made that up.

Possible bug on FW 15.00 Release: on the AC20 12ax7 model I'm getting some digital clipping I wasn't getting before (on other FW's). I've reset the amp block and it's still there. I haven't checked all of my other amps, but have checked the AC20 EF86, Matchless DC30 EF86 and 12ax7, and those are all fine.

My presets are pretty basic since I run a pedalboard in front of the Axe III, so it's literally: 2 inputs (for stereo out of my board), 2 identical amp blocks, 1 cab block and 1 output block.
I experienced the same issue, as noted in the Beta 15 thread. Intermittent level issues, resulting in digital clipping.

So we now have new firmware, new Axe-Edit, and a new USB driver for Windows.

Does anyone have any solid advice on installation order? Does it matter?

I'd guess driver, Axe-Edit, firmware, but I made that up.
I did, USB driver, Firmware, Axe-Edit - It worked fine

I experienced the same issue, as noted in the Beta 15 thread. Intermittent level issues, resulting in digital clipping.
Further to my prior message, I am unable to post the patch at present. But, was using the v. 15 (non-Beta) release last night and experienced the issue once again. Weirdly, the internal levels changed when I bypassed the Delay block in the patch - resulting in both a less driven signal (Jumped '59 Bassman amp) and a significant bump in the output level, resulting in the digital clipping. Rebooted the Axe and it worked fine, but I did have an instance in Beta where rebooting did not solve the problem.

Further to my prior message, I am unable to post the patch at present. But, was using the v. 15 (non-Beta) release last night and experienced the issue once again. Weirdly, the internal levels changed when I bypassed the Delay block in the patch - resulting in both a less driven signal (Jumped '59 Bassman amp) and a significant bump in the output level, resulting in the digital clipping. Rebooted the Axe and it worked fine, but I did have an instance in Beta where rebooting did not solve the problem.

This isn't necessarily weird if the bypass mode on your delay block got changed to the wrong setting for parallel/serial routing.

I have the same issue here. Odd volume issues and some random phasing on some patches as well. I ended up rolling my firmware back and and all problems are resolved.

I have the same issue here. Odd volume issues and some random phasing on some patches as well. I ended up rolling my firmware back and and all problems are resolved.
Yes I am having similar sudden volume drop issues too that I have no explanation for.

I've never really gelled with the Friedman models, always thought they were too muddy. But with FW15, they sound and feel incredible.

Concur. I have never really been into most high gain amps due to "muddiness", "compression", or lack of something (perhaps my guitar... but my EC-1000 w/JB bridge should play well).

After hearing Marco's recording and seeing his face I tried the Rectos and am really digging the Recto Red, and thanks to your post, the Friedmans, esp. Friedman HBE V2 as well.

Checking out some of the Marshall Plexi 50w "High" models to see how this new low/mid on this FW sounds.
Insanely awesome Fractal.
This is the best product I've ever purchased, and I'm not only talking about music gear.

Back
Top Bottom