Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00

Problem #2 just happened

My volume levels suddenly dropped mid playing. All patches were effected. The only way to get the volume back was to manually raise the amp levels.

I switched to my Kemper and the output volume was normal. My system was working fine (apogee ensemble).

I reinstalled the Axe 3 firmware, rebooted everthing and the volume is back to normal. 🤷‍♂️
Any chance you have an expression pedal assigned to globally? Or possibly a DAW (or something else) that could send a similar midi CC?

Reactions: Rex
@markyd, can you specify if on unit, in AE or both?
After further investigation it is not deleted, it just makes no difference on the tone. It is as if it is set to zero no matter what the knob reads, Both in Axe Edit and on the front panel. Anybody else care to confirm?

Damn the new USB routing stuff is soooo cool. Thanks @2112 for the tip. I've been playing around with Valahall Supermassive, Soundtoys Little Plate and Echoboy routed into my III now, super fun.

And @markyd I can confirm depth isn't doing anything in either Cali Leggy or Legato 100.

What I find interesting is that the gainier amps in my presets seem to soak up the new goodies with little needed change, but the clean sounds are benefiting greatly from a little bass and presence tweak and a reduction of the Gain Enhancer from 2 to 1. Pretty much a constant across them all, so far.

I have a small amount of the Gain Enhancer on some of my presets. I felt like the Gain Enhancer had been "enhanced" on my presets...

Any chance you have an expression pedal assigned to globally? Or possibly a DAW (or something else) that could send a similar midi CC?
Hmmm. My midi information was wiped when I upgraded so I had to plug all the information in again because I use a Helix as a midi foot controller. Pretty genius of you if I entered something that caused it. I will look into it. Thank you.

Shouldn't be any change as that amp doesn't have any negative feedback. The update only affects amps with negative feedback.

Would you say the update adds or subtracts negative feedback versus the prior FW?

If one would like to A/B new versus old.

I'm hearing really bad ghost notes on the attached Milo preset (middle strings 10-13th fret). Go to scene 4. It happens with gain all the way down to noon. I can't seem to reproduce it by adding a Prince Tone 5F2 to a different preset. Is it possible the preset got corrupted? I've used it a million times and don't recall ever hearing this.

edit: If I copy the amp channel to another preset, I get the same thing.

Attachments

• MILO Princeton.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'm hearing really bad ghost notes on the attached Milo preset (middle strings 10-13th fret). Go to scene 4. It happens with gain all the way down to noon. I can't seem to reproduce it by adding a Prince Tone 5F2 to a different preset. Is it possible the preset got corrupted? I've used it a million times and don't recall ever hearing this.

edit: If I copy the amp channel to another preset, I get the same thing.
Supply Sag is turned way up. That will cause that with that amp. Either turn Supply Sag down, B+ Time Constant up or change Supply Type to DC.

Yes, that's a bug, It has been fixed for the next release. The real amps don't have Depth controls though.
Thank you so much!
I know that the real amps don't have depth controls, but for me, the AFXIII is so amazing because it has allowed me to have the tone I have always dreamed of. That tone (I think) doesn't exist in a real amp. For some reason, the Cali Leggy with the Depth cranked (and lots of other tweaks) is my dream tone. Thanks for this magical box!

Back
Top Bottom