Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00

The sound is completely different for me in good direction.
Especially low frequency sound is really VISIBLE.
Also the new sound is really JUICY!!!

For some people who didn't update FW, I really recommend to do that.
Few hours passed very soon with new FW sound, really wonderful.
Maybe better than the real amps.

So Cliff mentioned the DS1 is different in the non beta release. I have the best swedish chainsaw tone I've ever had happening on the beta version right now with the level and tone cranked into a marshall style amp. Here's hoping it's even better on the non beta update. For anyone into that though, it's a MUST try. My gas for a HM2 style model for the time being is gone. I bet I could get even closer using the graphic EQ. AFAIK the pedal circuits aren't that far off anyway.

So happy with the new firmware. More chug indeed. Everything is sounding even better.

I know there was a lot of talk about a new patent . I wonder if this is starting to utilize some of that as many are saying side by side with real amps it closer w hardly changing much on the dials

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved Amp block power amp modeling. Improved algorithm yields accurate dynamic frequency response which results in clearer bass and extended highs. More “chug”, “thump” and “chime”. NOTE: Existing presets should be auditioned. While the overall tone isn’t significantly changed, the transient frequency response is enhanced which may alter the tonal perception.

Added ability to route AES/SPDIF or USB 5/6 to any input. This has been achieved by changing “SPDIF/AES Select” to “Digital Input Source” which allows choosing between AES, SPDIF or USB 5/6. Each input now has an “Input Source” selectable between Analog or Digital.

Increased maximum delay time for Delay blocks to 16 seconds.

Added “DS1 Distortion” Drive type.

Added “DS1 Distortion Mod” Drive type based on a DS1 w/ popular mods.

Added “59 Bassguy Jump” amp model.

Many of the Fender® amps have been “modified” with authentic presence and depth networks even if the real amp doesn’t have them (this was required for the new power amp algorithm). When the Tone Control Display is set to IDEAL the Presence and Depth controls can be used to shape the power amp response just as if the real amp had been modified. Setting the Presence and Depth controls to zero effectively removes the modifications. WARNING!!! If your presets use non-zero values of Presence and/or Depth for amp models whose real counterparts do not have presence and/or depth circuits your presets may sound different and should be adjusted accordingly. I.e., if you have turned Presence up for the Deluxe Verb model your preset’s tone will have changed as a real Deluxe Reverb does not have a presence network (and Presence defaults to zero for that model).

Fixed GUI bug for TS9DX Hot model.

Fixed Scales menu in Global Settings.

Fixed clicking in Amp block if large number of modifiers are connected to controls.

Fixed modifiers connected to Amp block can cause unwanted change if modifier is only active for one channel.

Fixed erroneous values can be displayed when changing channels on a block and the GUI configuration between channels is different, i.e. different number of EQ sliders or different authentic amp parameters.

Fixed second pot of ganged dual pot in Citrus Terrier amp model applied at wrong point in circuit.

Fixed Ratio at maximum in Compressor block should display “INFINITE” but doesn’t when first entering page.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Merry Xmas to you Too!!!

Back
Top Bottom